Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - Posting Guidelines Reminder

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:46:41 -0400

Just a friendly reminder about the posting guidelines for this list. It 
helps greatly to have the item number and name in the subject line, 
especially when searching later on for some message. The current guidelines 
maybe be found at 
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg_mailing_list_information.htm) and below:

"All conversation on this mailing list must be regarding one of the work 
items outlined in the ASRG Research Agenda document. The subject of each 
email should begin with the number of the appropriate work item. For 
example, "2.a - Spam Measurement Survey Requirements" or "6 - Proposal for 
hash-based traceback system". The list volume makes it difficult to follow 
individual conversations and to filter the noise. This will help eliminate 
both problems. This is a research group. If you have constructive feedback, 
please share it in an appropriate manner. If you just feel like saying that 
"spam can not be stopped" or "this group will fail because I said so", then 
you should state those things elsewhere. This mailing list is for 
discussion towards the goals of the group as stated in the charter."

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg