Subject: [Asrg] 0. - General - ASRG Work Item Status

From: Paul Judge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:45:04 -0400

Please find below a list of current work items showing owner and status.
Each item also shows the associated item number from the research agenda. 

Please email me directly with any corrections. The items that are in need of
volunteers are denoted below. If you wish to contribute to ANY work item,
please email me and the item owner. This list will be posted to the ASRG
website and also distributed on the mailing list as appropriate.

ASRG Work Item Status

Last updated: 8/16/03

Research Agenda Item Number	 Document	 Owner	 Key Participants
Status	
1	 Inventory
<http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-inventory-of-problems.txt> of Problems
Liudvikas Bukys 

[bukys (at) cs.rochester.edu]

***	 v2: 4/11/03 

awaiting next version

2.a.1	 Analysis of  <http://www.irtf.org/asrg/spam_characterization.htm>
Actual Spam Data	 Peter Kay 

[peter (at) titankey.com]

Paul Judge, Damon Sauer, ***	 potential path document published: 7/2/03 

awaiting responses to Peter's call for volunteers: 8/13/03

2.a.2	 User Survey	 Ted Gavin 

[tedgavin (at) newsguy.com]

***	 awaiting requirements	
2.b	 Public  <http://www.spamarchive.org/> Trace Data	 Paul Judge 

[paul.judge (at) ciphertrust.com]

 	 established: 11/02	
3	 Requirements
<http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-irtf-asrg-requirements-xx-01.txt>
Russell Brand 

[Brand (at) responsible.com]

Eric Williams 

 [eric (at) infobro.com]
,***

4.a	 Taxonomy
<http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-taxonomy-anti-spam-systems.txt>
Paul Judge	  	 v3 published: 3/20/03	
4.b	 Survey of  <http://www.irtf.org/asrg/survey_of_proposals.htm>
Solutions	 Paul Judge	  	 v0 published: 7/12/03	
4.c	 Bibliography of Spam Work	 Frank de Lange [[email-masked]]
***	  	
4.d
<http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-consent-framework.html>
Consent Framework	 Yakov Shafranovich [research (at) solidmatrix.com]
Pete McNeil, Paul Judge, Andrew Akehurst, ***	 v2 published: 7/6/03	
5
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt>
Identification of Standardization Requirements	 Dave Crocker	 John
Levine, Vernon Schrvyer	 v2 published: 6/29/03	
5	 Challenge/Response Internetworking	 Eric Dean 

[eric (at) purespeed.com]

Yakov Shafranovich	 v4 published: 8/4/03	
6	 Designated
<http://www.pan-am.ca/draft-ietf-asrg-dsprotocol-00.txt> Senders Protocol:
A Way to Identify Hosts Authorized to Send SMTP Traffic	 Gordon Fecyk
 	  	 v0 published: 3/03	
6	 Email
<http://www.elan.net/~william/asrg-emailpathverification-presentation.pdf>
Path Verification 	William Lezibon	  	 v0 published: 3/03	
6	 SHRED: Spam
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03mar/slides/asrg-8.pdf> Harassment
Reduction via Economic Disincentives (presentation available above)
Balachander Krishnamurthy	  	 v0 published: 3/03	
6	 GreyListing  <http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/> 	Evan
Harris	  	 last published: 7/8/03	
6	 A
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-danisch-dns-rr-smtp-02.txt> DNS
RR for simple SMTP sender authentication	 Hadmut Danisch	  	 v2
published: 6/03	
7	 BCP - Filtering	 Chris Lewis	 Matt Sergeant	 awaiting
first draft	
7	 BCP - Blacklists	 Chris Lewis	 Matt Sergeant	 awaiting
first draft	
8.a. 	Evaluation
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt>
Model	 ***	  	  	

*** - Need Volunteers