Subject: [Asrg] (no subject)

From: "Kurt Magnusson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:20:43 -0200

Brad Knowles wrote:
>>At 4:31 PM -0500 2003/08/18, Sauer, Damon wrote:
>>You give me a RCPT TO: the RCPT TO: is checked against my
>>address database. If it is good I say OK. If it is bad I say 550 No such
>>user.
>
>Okay, now I'm really confused. I thought that most mail systems did this -- 
>if you try to send mail to an account that doesn't exist, they respond with 
>an error and refuse to accept the message. Thus, the mail volume goes down.

Damon, can you to estimate how long those addresses you send a 550 from, do 
keep clean? If so, we have a direct prof that some spammers do try to make 
their handling more effective and all antispam  software might return a 550 
message on spams, independent of blocking method. It depens on how regular 
this is, have you identified which servers (not sender addresses) that react 
in this way, indicating they are in control of a spammer? Is it a larg 
number of servers or a minor number?

Kurt Magnusson

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg