Subject: [Asrg] 0. - General - Announcing Yakov Shafranovich as co-chair of ASRG

From: Paul Judge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:50:17 -0400

I am pleased to announce to the list that Yakov Shafranovich has agreed to
serve as co-chair of the ASRG. Yakov's commitment to helping ASRG advance
toward its goals has been evident over the last couple of months. With this
appointment, we look forward to Yakov's continued and increased
contributions toward advancing the work of the ASRG. 

As you may know, it is quite common for RGs to have multiple chairs. Seven
of the other 12 RGs have more than one chair. This change is another
important step toward having the ASRG be as effective as possible.

RFC 2014 defines guidelines and procedures for IRTF research groups. It
describes certain tasks of a group chair and we've defined others based on
the needs of the ASRG. I'll briefly state how we plan to share the different
tasks: 

+ Paul will focus on group process and content management; meetings; and
public relations. 
+ Yakov will focus on mailing list moderation; document publication; and
serving as liaison with other groups as necessary. 
+ We will share the tasks of distributing the work and document development.

To be clear, we will work closely across all of these tasks and share the
load as appropriate. This is just to inform the group of each of our primary
focus and is not meant to imply that our efforts will be disjoint.

Paul

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:17:22 -0700

Two things I would add:

> + Paul will focus on ... and
> public relations. 

I believe that it's vital for public relations to be handly jointly between
the co-chairs, especially given the significant public visiblity of this
research group.

> focus and is not meant to imply that our efforts will be disjoint.

Also: that these divisions will no doubt evolve over time.  In particular,
I'd like the group to have a clear sense that it's fine to go to either
chair about any particular topic, and the two of you will then handle the
necessary coordination regarding the topic.

		Vern