Subject: RE: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list

From: "Bob Wyman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:55:57 -0400

Several new US Patent Applications for Spam related technologies have
been published recently. Numbers, Titles and abstracts are below:

20030149726 Automating the reduction of unsolicited email in real time 
	A method and apparatus for reducing unsolicited bulk email, or
spam, to a computer network is described having a gateway, a mail queue,
and a delay queue. The gateway handles input/output for the computer
network communicating outside of the computer network. The gateway may
make an initial determination of a likelihood that incoming mail is spam
and deliver likely spam to the delay queue, or all incoming mail may be
delivered to the delay queue. Email delivered to the delay queue is held
in the delay queue for a configurable amount of time, or until is
determined to either be undesirable or permissible. Once an email is
determined likely not to be spam or permissible, it is delivered to the
mail queue for delivery to the intended recipient. Email determined to
be undesirable or likely to be spam may be discarded, returned to the
sender, or held for further inspection. 

20030132972 Method and device for removing junk e-mail messages
	"A novel method for replying to unsolicited e-mail communication
such as SPAM or the like. The method includes a variety of steps such as
displaying an remove icon on a display, and receiving a selection of the
remove icon from a user in response to the unsolicited e-mail
communication. The method also includes creating an e-mail communication
having a remove message, in response to the selection of the remove
icon, the e-mail communication addressed to a reply e-mail address
specified by the unsolicited e-mail communication. A step of sending the
e-mail communication to the reply e-mail address also is included. These
and possibly other steps can permanently remove a portion of unsolicited
e-mail in an easy and cost effective manner."

20030158905 E-mail management services 
	The present invention provides an electronic message management
system (EMS) that includes a real-time feedback loop where data is
collected from the electronic messages on incoming connection attempts,
outgoing delivery attempts, and message content analysis, and written to
a centralized data matrix. A separate process accesses the data matrix
and analyzes trends in that data. The detected data patterns, trends or
behavior is based on configuration parameters for the recipient. Based
on these determinations, the process is able to instruct components in
the EMS to accept, redirect, refuse, modify, defer, or otherwise dispose
of the connection request, the delivery attempt, or the message.
Associated methods for managing the transmission of electronic messages
are also disclosed. 

20030158960 System and method for establishing a privacy communication
path 
	A privacy infrastructure platform or system provides for privacy
enabling communication and secures trade of both electronic and physical
goods and services. Through user-controlled communication rules,
including an access control filter and a dynamic routing service, the
individual is in control of communication. The system enables a
universal user-controlled opt-in filter for SPAM protection. Support is
provided for privacy enabling the full value chain from the original
supplier to the consumer. In addition, the system supports trade across
existing standard barriers, supporting standard conversion, government
reporting, and existing and future eCommerce standards such as EDIFACT,
OFX, OBI and CBL. Privacy is established using a principle of multiple
non-linkable pseudonyms or virtual identities (VID), combined with
intermediation of on- and off-line communication channels. 

20030131063 Message processor 
	Methods and systems for processing a message, the methods and
systems including providing a first level of message processing rules,
providing at least one second level of message processing rules,
determining at least one message attribute associated with the message,
and based on the determined message attribute(s), the first level of
message processing rules, and the at least one second level of message
processing rules, processing the message based on one or more
preferences associated with a trusted message, a blocked message, or an
unknown message. The preferences can be associated with the first level
and/or the second level(s). 

To view these applications, go to:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.html
Then, issue one of the following queries:

	DN/20030149726
	DN/20030132972
	DN/20030158905
	DN/20030158960
	DN/20030131063

(i.e. you want to search for "DN" or "Document Number")

		bob wyman

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg