Subject: Re: [Asrg] spammer economics; was: RE: hiring challenge responders

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:10:29 -0600

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
>All of the marketers at the FTC spam panel said "we don't do X" (where X 
>was one or more of spamming, forgeries, porn etc.).  Many of them were 
>lying through their teeth.
>
>Betterly was saying "we only send stuff to people who asked for it".
>How come we got just as many complaints about her stuff as we got from 
>Stubberfield's horse porn? (quiet you! ;-)

I talked to Laura briefly, and I have talked at length to a "legitimate bulk 
mailer" that lives next door to me. Both of them realy believed that the 
problem is other bulk mailers, and both said that they honor unsubscribe 
requests.

Perhaps they are just not aware that they could be part of the problem.

John Fenley
www.Choicelist.com

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg