Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - News Article - Man Arrested under the Virginia's Spam Law

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:56:59 -0500

From Reuters 
(http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20031211/ts_nm/tech_spam_virginia_dc):

"Virginia Authorities Arrest Man on Spam Charges

DULLES, Va. (Reuters) - Virginia authorities said on Thursday they had 
arrested and charged a North Carolina man for sending "spam" e-mail, 
under a new state law that could bring penalties of up to five years in 
prison on each count. 	

Virginia Attorney General Jerry Kilgore said Jeremy Jaynes had been 
arrested earlier Thursday in Raleigh, N.C., on four counts of using 
fraudulent means to transmit spam."
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Some lies are easier to believe than the truth" (Dune)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg