Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - NIST Workshop on spam to be held

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:41:28 -0500

NIST/CSD Spam Technology Workshop will be held in February, information 
is available at this website:

http://csrc.nist.gov/spam/

(For those outside the US, NIST or "National Institute of Standards and 
Technology", is the standards body of the US Federal Government)

-----------------------------------------
February 17, 2004
NIST Gaithersburg Campus
Building 101, Green Auditorium
9 am until 4 pm

The workshop agenda topics will include filtering at the 
Internet/network and client sides (e.g., how to detect spam and how to 
reduce it), input from standards bodies on relevant current activities, 
Internet service providers' current and future plans to deal with spam, 
and technical issues regarding the efficacy of proposals to create "do 
not spam" lists. NIST is also interested in hearing about research 
challenges to developing and measuring improvements in spam control and 
reduction technology.

NIST also wishes to discuss ideas for criteria and procedures (that 
might be developed by NIST and others, resources permitting) by which 
the effectiveness of spam controls products might be tested (e.g., by 
independent third party testing organizations).

Given the one-day workshop format, it is anticipated that following a 
keynote presentation and other opening remarks, there will be two 
sessions/panels in the morning and two in the afternoon. Anyone 
interested in speaking or coordinating a panel discussion should submit 
a paper or panel proposal to Joan Hash by December 31, 2003 (see contact 
information below). Topics and proposed talks should not be "sales 
pitches" for specific commercial products or firms. Papers and 
additional information for distribution to workshop attendees and the 
website may also be submitted. (NIST may decide at its discretion not to 
include non-germane and product sales material.) Additional proposed 
agenda topics should be submitted immediately for consideration by the 
NIST planning committee.

Registration information:

Because of NIST security regulations, advance registration is mandatory;
there will be no on-site, same-day registration.

The online registration form (secured registration page) may also be 
printed and faxed to 301-948-2067 (Attn: Spam Technology Workshop) by 
February 3, 2004.

Registration fee: $70 (Includes lunch)
Payment can be made by credit card, check, purchase order, and 
government training form.
-----------------------------------------

Yakov

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on 
the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg