Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: Why SPAM is worse in SMTP than in other protocols

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:09:05 -0800

> The relevant text from RFC 2014 is from section 2.2, "Charter":

The next paragraph reads:

   The formation of a Research Group requires a charter which is
   initially negotiated between a prospective Research Group Chair and
   the IRTF Chair.  When the prospective Chair and the IRTF Chair are
   satisfied with the charter form and content, it becomes the basis for
   forming a Research Group.

- Vern

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:55:23 +0000

>> The relevant text from RFC 2014 is from section 2.2, "Charter":

This is the fascinating "self-amendment" question - interested readers
should see here:
http://www.nomic.net/

Best wishes (for what many will be calling the New Year) to you all,
JK

--

---

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:28:39 +0000

>   forming a Research Group.

Quite, but this refers to group formation. Not rechartering of an existing
group. Clearly, group members can't be consulted before the group is
formed. The question is: SHOULD they be consulted when rechartering?

--