Subject: Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS + PKI - Yahoo's "Domain Keys"]

From: Fridrik Skulason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:02:15 +0000

> 1.) The MTA signs the message:  This is problematic in the "traveling 
> salesperson" type scenario, because often then cannot use their company 
> mail server due to ISP filtering, etc.

Is there *any* authentication proposal that does not have that problem?

-- 
Fridrik Skulason   Frisk Software International   phone: +354-540-7400
Author of F-PROT   E-mail: [email-masked]       fax:   +354-540-7401

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:19:54 +0000

>Is there *any* authentication proposal that does not have that problem?

A. I need some way of allowing 0.0.0.0/0 for example.com if I don't want
the trouble of setting up some kind of authSMTP (and/or proxy/tunnel kit)
for my roaming users. Of course - the whole world's going to block me
pretty soon and then there's a strong incentive for me to fix my setup.

B. Or just give them all a webmail interface. Does anyone need a webmail
system? I'll write you one :-)

--