Subject: Re: [Asrg] 3b. SMTP Session Verification - The Forwarding Problem

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:20:04 +0000

> 
>   http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-sender-rewrite-01.txt
> 
> 
[observations snipped]

The concerns are legitimate and need to be (are being) addressed, however,
"sender rewriting" doesn't seem to require any changes except at providers
of forwarding services, it's completely backwards compatible, as far as I
can tell, and doesn't call for any extensions. It may not be as technically
"neat" as other suggestions, but I'd guess it has a much better chance of
deployment.

Sender rewriting provides a whole new envelope, while Brett's "VIA" would
provide for adding to the envelope.

--

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:02:40 -0500

> provide for adding to the envelope.

There are some concerns with the length limits of certain RFC 2822 
headers such as "Return Path" which might cause problems with sender 
rewriting.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Some lies are easier to believe than the truth" (Dune)
-------