Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - New RFCs on IPR issues in the IETF

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:36:21 -0500

The RFC Editor has published three new RFCs on IPR issues within the 
IETF. While the IRTF does not have a set IPR policy and the ASRG is 
operating with an interim IPR policy, this information is useful to ASRG 
since part of what we do is pre-standards work for the IETF. Many of you 
who plan to propose solutions, should be aware of the IPR policies of 
the IETF if you are hoping to standardize your solutions. The list is as 
follows:

RFC 3667 / BCP 78, S. Bradner, "IETF Rights in Contributions"
RFC 3668 / BCP 79, S. Bradner, "Intellectual Property Rights in IETF 
Technology"
RFC 3669, S. Brim, "Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual 
Property Issues"

Links are as follows:

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3667.txt
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3668.txt
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3669.txt

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send" (Jon 
Postel)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg