Subject: [Asrg] Patrik Falstrom's mailflow chart

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:20:47 -0800

I don't remember seeing this mentioned, but think it worth highlighting
for folks:

Patrik Falstrom did a mail flow control chart that is _extremely_
detailed.  I've been doing a simplistic one, for easy discussion, but
his is very thorough.

It is at <http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-47/mailflows.pdf>

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:35:54 -0800

Yakov,

  I should comment that I think that the slide has far too much detail,
  for most discussions.  Most of the time, folks are not bothering to
  look at _any_ of the tradeoffs, so a diagram that detailed can get
  distracting.

  On the other hand, I think it is useful for helping
  people to see just how complicated email can be.  With luck, this will
  reduce the tendency to treat it simplistically.

d/

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:27:29 -0500

> It is at <http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-47/mailflows.pdf>

It was also used in the slides as part of his NIST presentation 
yesterday. As soon as NIST posts copies of the slides, I will post a 
link here.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
  "Why are both drug addicts and computer aficionados both called 
users?" (Clifford Stoll)
-------