Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - Spamming on QMTP?

From: Andreas Saurwein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:17:46 -0200

Just wondering if there are any (more) occurances of spamming using QMTP?
If so, would it be reasonable to address QMTP in this group?

Maex? I think you have some experience with that.

Cheers
Andreas

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Markus Stumpf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:58:07 +0100

> Maex? I think you have some experience with that.

Sorry for the long delay, I have been rather busy on other topics and
try to catch up with this group now.

We currently only publish the QMTP MXPS record and I haven't seen
any spam coming in for the last two weeks (I have checked the logfiles
right now).
IIRC execpt for one incident alle the spam via QMTP was through QMTP
enabled qmail servers that acted as a relay for customers that got their
hosts abused.

As QMTP doesn't provide any more or less authentication and authorization
mechanisms than SMTP does I don't think it is necessary to make any
differences or special treatment.

	\Maex

-- 
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299
"The security, stability and reliability of a computer system is reciprocally
 proportional to the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin"