Subject: [Asrg] New draft on trust-path-discovery

From: "Ono, Kumiko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:09:26 -0400

Hi all,

Henning and I wrote up the I-D that proposes a mechanism to find friends
-of-friends and trusted domains, which could be used as a tool to make 
white-list for filtering emails/calls. 

We could not find any WG in the IETF that this draft belongs to, but we 
believe this RG might be interested in this draft. 

Any comments are welcome.

>	Title		: Trust Path Discovery
>	Author(s)	: K. Ono, H. Schulzrinne
>	Filename	: draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt
>	Pages		: 14
>	Date		: 2005-7-12
>	
>   Chained or transitive trust can be used to determine whether incoming
>   communication is likely to be desirable or not.  We can build a
>   chained trust relationship by introducing friends to out friends, for
>   example.  We propose mechanisms for discovering trust paths and
>   binary responsive trustworthiness.  The trust paths are based on a
>   chain of trust relationships between users, a user and a domain, and
>   domains.  We apply this model to relatively low-value trust
>   establishment, suitable for deciding whether to accept communication
>   requests such as emails, calls, or instant messages from strangers.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt

Thanks,
Kumiko

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg