Subject: [Asrg] The Forwarding Project

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 2005 22:39:46 -0500

At the CEAS conference in July I came up with the idea of a forwarding 
project to help test DKIM-style signatures.  Every time a message goes 
through a forwarder or remailer, it gets mutated a little, and the idea is 
to arrange to send test messages through a bunch of different forwarders 
to see what happens to them. This will allow people to do RESEARCH on the 
effectiveness and reliability of candidate header/body signature schemes.

After only four short months, I have set the project up at 
http://forward.sp.am.  You can send test messages and see what happens to 
them after they're forwarded.  If there's interest, I will arrange to for 
downloads and to remail messages to users after they register.

At the moment, I only have two forwarders, a qmail and a sendmail.  If 
you'd like to volunteer a forwarder, drop me a line.  All you need to set 
up is a single address that forwards back to an address I specify.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
"I dropped the toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:05:28 -0600

In <[email-masked]> "John R Levine" <[email-masked]> writes:

> http://forward.sp.am.  [...]

Didn't you also set up a mailing list for this project?  I think I
signed up for it, but I don't think I've received any traffic.

-wayne

---

From: Eugene Crosser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:59:23 +0300

John R Levine wrote:
> through a forwarder or remailer, it gets mutated a little, and the idea
> is to arrange to send test messages through a bunch of different
> forwarders to see what happens to them. This will allow people to do
> RESEARCH on the effectiveness and reliability of candidate header/body
> signature schemes.
> 
> http://forward.sp.am.  You can send test messages and see what happens
> to them after they're forwarded.  If there's interest, I will arrange to
> for downloads and to remail messages to users after they register.
> 
> you'd like to volunteer a forwarder, drop me a line.  All you need to
> set up is a single address that forwards back to an address I specify.

I vaguely recall that I've set up a couple of forwarding addresses for
this prject, on your request.  It's on Zmailer system.

Eugene

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 18:32:00 -0000

>signed up for it, but I don't think I've received any traffic.

Ah, so I did, [email-masked].  Discussion redirected there.

R's,
John