Subject: Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

From: adrian galvan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:39:29 -0700 (PDT)

stop with this stupid emails

----- Original Message ----
From: J D Falk <[email-masked]>
To: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:26:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

Al Iverson (who should know) reminded us:

> MAPS policy on these cases, specific to removal and review of
> listings, were exceedingly problematic back in the day. I assume and
> hope that things have significantly changed since then.

MAPS practices were the best practices approximately 1997-2000,
primarily because there were no lists with better practices.  Since
then, spam has evolved, DNSBLs have evolved, the internet as a whole has
evolved -- and so have the best practices.  EVERYONE who worked for MAPS
back then will say more or less the same thing.

This document should reflect the CURRENT, BEST practices, not some
nearly-forgotten ancestral set of what seemed like good enough ideas at
the time.

--
J.D. Falk
Receiver Products
Return Path 
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg