Subject: [Asrg] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-05]

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:29:30 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-05.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Chris Lewis and posted to the IETF repository.

Link:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-05.txt

The updates over the previous 04 revision are mostly typographical, with
a minor additional statement of the "make sure you know what the DNSBL
does" type.

Filename:	 draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Guidelines for Management of DNSBLs for Email
Creation_date:	 2008-11-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared DNS-based lists ("DNSBLs") of IP
addresses or domain names intended to help guide email filtering.
This memo discusses guidelines for the management of public DNSBLs by
their operators as well as for the proper use of such lists by mail
server administrators (DNSBL users), and it provides useful
background for both parties.  It is not intended to advise on the
utility or efficacy of particular DNSBLs or the DNSBL concept in
general, nor to assist end users with questions about spam.

The document will seek BCP status.  Comments and discussion of this
document should be addressed to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF Secretariat.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg