Subject: [Asrg] e-postage scaling

From: David Nicol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:12:57 -0600

I was reading about SIP and telephone switching network theory, a
phrase seemed relevant:

scalability can be obtained by "pushing the intelligence to the edges
of the network"

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2009 22:40:34 -0000

>scalability can be obtained by "pushing the intelligence to the edges

I don't see how this is relevant.  Is anyone trying to meter the number
of calls each SIP phone can make?

R's,
John

---

From: David Nicol <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:31:28 -0600

> of calls each SIP phone can make?

Actually, yes, CDR-based billing is available with VOIP telephony.

-- 
Freedom's colors are red, white and black and blue.

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2009 14:51:55 -0000

>Actually, yes, CDR-based billing is available with VOIP telephony.

Well, sure, that's how my phone works.  But the billing is handled at my
VoIP vendor's server not "to the edges of the network".

R's,
John