Subject: [Asrg] DKIM and NDR

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:50:23 +1200 (FJT)

As a side benefit of DKIM all emails, it should be possible to filter NDRs by looking in the attached email (which generated the NDR) if there is a valid dkim header. 

I know some MTA do not include the email, nor the full email but a lot do. 

This would help weeding out NDRs which have been created due to fake emails 

Is that make sense?

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:07:18 -0700

On Mar 18, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Franck Martin wrote:

> As a side benefit of DKIM all emails, it should be possible to  
> filter NDRs by looking in the attached email (which generated the  
> NDR) if there is a valid dkim header.
>

Yes. There are other (better) ways to do the same sort of thing, if  
you're making the assumption that all mail is sent through a smarthost  
you control (BATV), but this is another data point you could use.

You're unlikely to be able to verify whether the bounced mail is DKIM  
signed in many cases, but you can use the DKIM-Signature header in the  
same way you might use an X-Loop or similar header as a sign that it  
was mail you may have sent.

Cheers,
   Steve