Subject: [Asrg] Anyone going to IETF 75 in Stockholm?

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:14:12 +0100 (BST)

If enough people are going and someone's willing to run the session, I can 
ask for an ASRG session in Stockholm.  Otherwise, back to sleep.

So, anyone willing to add another anti-spam technique to the wiki?  It's 
not hard.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:54:19 -0600

On 5/22/09 4:14 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
> If enough people are going and someone's willing to run the session, I
> can ask for an ASRG session in Stockholm.  Otherwise, back to sleep.

I'll be there.

> So, anyone willing to add another anti-spam technique to the wiki?  It's

I need to add something about IM spam (a.k.a. "spim"), especially with
regard to XMPP. I really will get around to that one of these days...

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 22:14:45 -0400

I'll be there.

	Tony

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:32:41 +0200

> can ask for an ASRG session in Stockholm.  Otherwise, back to sleep.

I had planned to go, but then failed to prepare a draft for 
FixForwarding, thus I'd postpone my impact with IETF meetings :-(

> So, anyone willing to add another anti-spam technique to the wiki?  It's 

I prepared an easier draft though, draft-vesely-vhlo. Is that worth 
being advertised on the ASRG's wiki? (In short, it proposes to pass 
the domain name instead of the ehlo's FQDN, so as to ease a number of 
checks, including greylisting.)

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 2009 23:48:37 -0000

Check this draft

Subject: Re: [Asrg] Anyone going to IETF 75 in Stockholm?
From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
To: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:38:02 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: iecc.lists.asrg
List-Id: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF <asrg.irtf.org>

I prepared an easier draft though, draft-vesely-vhlo. Is that worth 
being advertised on the ASRG's wiki? (In short, it proposes to pass 
the domain name instead of the ehlo's FQDN, so as to ease a number of 
checks, including greylisting.)
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:08:13 +0200

It seems that draft looks rather confusing. Let me try and restate the 
catch:

Client: I'd like to say Verified Hello and be whitelisted.
Server: Nope, I need to verify XYZ in order to whitelist you.
Client: OK, I've logged that. I'll just send by regular Hello then...
(Alternatively, client can send via BigESP, if being whitelisted is a 
requisite for this message.)

Postmasters may count the occurrences of the XYZ keyword before 
deciding what vouching enhancements it is worth to go for. I noted 
that, while Microsoft has other means to push for, say, Sender-ID, 
VHLO would enable even less massive ESPs to etch receivers' logs with 
the name of their favorite filtering policy.

He said:
> Ah, a branding exercise.  That hadn't occurred to me.  Who knows, it might work.  Point it out on the ASRG list, we'll see if there's any interest.

Anyone?