Subject: [Asrg] Collaboration, Electronic messaging, Anti-Abuse and Spam Conference Call for Papers

From: CEAS CFP <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 15:41:32 -0500

CEAS 2010 Call for Papers [Online]

Collaboration, Electronic messaging, Anti-Abuse and Spam

Conference [formerly the Conference on Email and Anti-Spam]

The Seventh Annual /Collaboration, Electronic messaging, Anti-Abuse
and

Spam Conference/ (CEAS 2010) invites the submission of papers for its

meeting in July, 2010. Papers are invited on all aspects of electronic

communication and collaboration, including email, instant messaging,
and

other messaging methods including voice and video; social networks,
blogs,

and wikis; user-generated content, ratings, and reviews; crowdsourcing,

citizen science, and human-based computation.

Academic and industrial research perspectives including novel
applications,

theoretical work, analysis of real-world users and trends, and
operational

or deployment case studies related to the conference topics are all
warmly

encouraged.

Both full papers of up to 10 pages and poster papers of up to 4 pages
will

be considered. Papers will be peer-reviewed by a committee of experts
from

academic and industrial research centers.

---Suggested topics---

* Message filtering, organization, and security

* Adversarial learning using machine learning and natural language

processing

* Automated assistance, summarization, and search for online

communication

* Social networking security, privacy, and fraud prevention

* Modeling and analysis of economics of abuse, phishing, spam, and

fraud

* Studies of abuse tactics and patterns

* Scalability, reliability, archiving, and retrieval

* Collaborative filtering of user-generated content

* Protocols and standards for social networking, collaboration, and

messaging

* Standards for abuse reporting and monitoring

* Crowdsourcing analysis, applications, and theory

* Novel uses of wikis and blogs in science, problem solving, and

education

* Studies on the use of citizen science and human-based computing

* Novel modes of distributed collaboration

* Collaboration in adversarial environments

* User trust and reputation

* User identity issues that relate to the conference topics

* Online fraud, cyber crime, identity theft, and other online crime

These are examples, and other topics within the scope of the
conference are

also welcome; if you have questions about the applicability of your
work,

contact the program committee at [email-masked] <mailto:

[email-masked]>

---Key dates---

* *Submission deadline: March 26, 2010, 23:59:59 UTC*

* Author notifications: May 21, 2010

* Final accepted papers due: June 11, 2010

* Conference dates: July 13 and 14, 2010

The 2010 conference will be held at The Commons, on Microsoft's main
campus

in Redmond, Washington, and will dovetail with the SOUPS conference
<

http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/>
at
the
same
site
during the same
week.

The conference will once again run a /Spam Challenge/. Information
about

the challenge will be posted on the conference web site, http://ceas.cc

Paper submission and venue details can be found online at the
conference website.

http://ceas.cc