Subject: [Asrg] About that summary of MUA junk button approaches

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2010 21:18:29 -0500

I see that Alessandro has fixed a few nits and added a cross-reference. 
(Thanks!)  Anyone else looked at it?

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Adding_a_junk_button_to_MUAs

R's,
John

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:30:33 -0800

On Feb 14, 2010, at 6:18 PM, John R. Levine wrote:

> I see that Alessandro has fixed a few nits and added a cross-reference. (Thanks!)  Anyone else looked at it?

Yes. I saw several things I'd like to update (HTTP vs store-and-forward, clients don't usually get to see CNAMEs, ...), but won't have the chance to go in and edit until the lazy middle days of MAAWG (like, say, Wednesday).

Cheers,
  Steve

---

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:32:25 -0500

> Yes. I saw several things I'd like to update (HTTP vs store-and-forward, clients don't usually get to see CNAMEs, ...), but won't have the chance to go in and edit until the lazy middle days of MAA…

Ditto.  A couple of minor tweaks, mid-week.

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:55:14 +0100

On 15/Feb/10 03:30, Steve Atkins wrote:
>
> I saw several things I'd like to update (HTTP vs store-and-forward,[...]

I only mentioned that the web server might have different userid and 
password. This hasn't really been discussed, but one source of HTTP 
difficulty for MUAs stems from HTML responses, as they should pop up a 
browser window. E.g. the web server may require a CAPTCHA.

OTOH, the protocol might specify SOAP or JSON approaches, where 
interactivity is not required nor wanted.