Subject: [Asrg] ASRG wiki now supports OpenID

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Sep 2010 21:18:36 -0000

I swatted a few bugs (notably a PHP library version mismatch which
made all of my mediawiki sites crash) and to my surprise, the ASRG
wiki now lets you log in with OpenID.  I tried my two OpenID accounts,
both work fine.  If you have an existing local account you can link
your OpenID to it, thereby allowing you to forget the ID and password
assigned here, or if you don't have one, you can make one up.

The notes say you can also use your ASRG wiki account as an OpenID
identifier other places.  Wow!  No, I haven't tried it.

So, ahem, now that we have that hurdle hurdled, how about some
contributions to the wiki, please?

R's,
John, crudware wrangler

---

From: Michael McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:55:26 +0100

> assigned here, or if you don't have one, you can make one up.

Sorry, but it doesn't work with LiveJournal OpenIDs...

-- 
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
    Eridani Star System

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 2010 05:07:50 -0000

>Sorry, but it doesn't work with LiveJournal OpenIDs...

Works fine with Yahoo and AOL, dunno what LiveJournal's problem is.

In any event, if you actually want to contribute, I'm happy to set
up an account for anyone here.  Just tell me what user name you want,
I'll set a temp password you can change.

R's,
John

---

From: mathew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:16:33 -0500

> Works fine with Yahoo and AOL, dunno what LiveJournal's problem is.

Worked fine for me using my (self-hosted) Wordpress site. I did get an
error on the post-login page, though:

Notice: Undefined index: openid_consumer_returnto in
/usr/var/www/mwsites/asrg/extensions/OpenID/SpecialOpenIDFinish.body.php
on line 627

mathew
-- 
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~meta/>