Subject: changes to atm1ng

From: Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:50:25 -0400

based on further comments received from Bert i'll
post a revision of atm1ng. changes are attached.
pl comment by 10/22 if any of these cause a problem.
if not then this will be the Last Call version.

kaj
-----------------------------

(technical) and (editorial) changes to atm1ng:

1.(technical) included a sentence explaining when an agent can reuse
  retrieved values thru the ..IndexNext objects:

       After a manager retrieves a value the agent will
       determine through its local policy when this index 
       value will be made available for reuse."

2. (technical) the virtual link and xconnect RowStatus objects
   have a DEFVAL of active;
   this doesnt seem right, so it has been changed to
   createAndWait instead. also a sentence has been included
   to refer to the process in the DESCRIPTION of xxxEntry.

3.(technical) limited the value range of atmTrafficDescrParamIndex 
   to (1..2147483647), i.e., excluding 0 - the 0 value is used
   in the corresponding TC to indicate that the table is empty.
  
4.(editorial) removed 'experimental' from abstract and included
  sentence that this replaces rfc1695

5.(editorial) changed {experimental 41} by {mib-2 37} and removed
  experimental from IMPORTS

6.(editorial) removed from abstract SMIv2->SMIv1 sentence as well as
  section 4 since it is redundant with section 3 boilerplate

7.(editorial) used the standard template for the security section

8.(editorial) included main changes since 1695 in the REVISION DESCRIPTION
      "The initial revision of this module was published
       as RFC 1695. Key revisions include:
       o  Textual Conventions and OBJECT IDENTITIES have
          been moved to a separate MIB module.
       o  Applicability of objects to PVCs, SVCs and Soft
          PVCs has been clarified.
       o  DEFVAL clauses have been added.
       o  The relationship of ifIndex values with different
          layers and sublayers related to ATM has been 
          clarified.
       o  atmTrafficQosClass has been deprecated
          and replaced with atmServiceCategory.
       o  atmInterfaceCurrentMaxVpiBits and
          atmInterfaceCurrentMaxVciBits have been added with
          a description on their relationship with other
          objects.
       o  atmInterfaceAddressType and atmInterfaceAdminAddress
          have been deprecated and replaced by
          atmInterfaceSubscrAddress.
       o  atmInterfaceTCAlarmState has been clarified.
       o  atmTrafficDescrParamIndexNext has been introduced
          in order to provide a manager a free 
          atmTrafficDescrParamIndex value.
       o  The atmTrafficFrameDiscard capability has been added.
       o  A connection topology type (atmVpl/VclCastType)
          a call control type (atmVpl/VclConnKind) have been
          added.
       o  aal2 has been added to atmVccAalType.