Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:08:25 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type'
<draft-ietf-atommib-sonetng-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the AToM MIB Working Group.  The IESG
contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines MIB objects for managing Synchronous Optical
Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) interfaces.  This
document is a companion to the documents that define Managed Objects
for the DS1/E1/DS2/E2 and DS3/E3 Interface Types. This document
updates and replaces RFC 1595.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group came to consensus and there were no significant
changes as the result of the working group last call.

Protocol Quality

These documents were reviewed for the IESG by Mike Heard. They have
been further been reviewed by Bert Wijnen and Thomas Narten of the
IESG.