Subject: draft revised atommib charter

From: Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 18:14:29 -0500

hi,

attached is a draft revision of the out-of-date atommib charter to comment
on over the holidays. the essence is:
- maintenance of published rfcs
- wrapup of atm suppl mib and test mib
- new stuff

new stuff depends on the level of interest. my reading of the interest
is as follows:

1. sonet aps - first draft produced; editor available

2. supplemental sonet stuff (full t1.231 support, Counter32 issue,
    possible use of approaches a la usrHistoryGroup) - stated support;
    editor may be available

3. wdm mib - stated support but no volunteer editor

4. supplemental supplemental atm mib
    with full support of UNI 4.0 - stated support but no volunteer editor

the attached charter shows each of these items. however in cases where no one
volunteers as editor the wg should not pursue it and consequently the item
should be dropped from the draft charter.

based on feedback we'll revise the outdated charter accordingly.
please provide any comments before January.

kaj

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draft Revised Charter

The AToMMIB WG is chartered to evaluate RFCs 2493, 2512, 2513, 2514, 2515
and 2558, all Proposed Standards, with respect to the standards track.
As part of its evaluation the WG may prepare revised versions as needed
and recommend the appropriate level of standardization for this revision
to the IESG (i.e., that it be advanced to Draft Standard status, or that
it cycle at Proposed Standard status).

As part of its evaluation, the AToMMIB WG may also define additional sets
of managed objects, to reflect growing experience and industry
requirements for management of:

- ATM services (completion of the "Supplemental ATM MIB"
   and identification of possible additional objects, e.g.,
   to fully support ATMF UNI 4.0)

- SONET and WDM services
   * Support of SONET APS
   * Full support of T1.231
   * Use of Counters instead of 15 minute Gauges
   * Support of WDM

The objects defined by the WG will be consistent with the Internet-Standard
Management Framework.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kaj Tesink
Telcordia Technologies (formerly Bellcore)
Email  [email-masked]
Tel    732.758.5254
Fax    732.758.2269
Postal 331 Newman Springs Rd
        Red Bank, NJ 07701
        USA

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/