Subject: OAM loopback

From: "Henrik Brokvist (ETX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:55:07 +0100

Hi ,

I have read ITU-T Rec. I.610 (99/02) and I am wondering about the following
statement (which is a part of 'Principlec of operation' for VP/VC LB):
"The waiting time between the transmission of successive LB cells on a connection shall be 5 seconds"

Does this mean that even if the loopback is successful you are not allowed to transmit another cell
until after 5 seconds? (I know that this could have something to do with bandwidth allocation for the
OAM flow...)

In atommib-test-06 (and 05) it is stated that the VC/VP link's CPs are segment end points if the interface is
UNI, what if it is B-ICI or some other interface between the operators?

(I will implement a LB-manager in Java according to the OAM-mechanism of I.610 but with the restrictions
 of the documents atommib-test-06 and ifmib-testmib-06. I am wondering if you know some good tool, like
 adventnet's AgentToolkit, to implement the functionality of the OAM behind the agents? That is when I invoke
a test I would like to be able to fake the transfer of the OAM cell and then send a notification 
(testComplete) at test completion)

Regards
Henrik
[email-masked]