Subject: APS MIB PROGRESS REPORT

From: Jim Kuhfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:43:00 -0800

A number of changes have been made to draft-ietf-atommib-sonetaps-mib-00.txt at the suggestion
of Orly Nicklass. This list is summarized at the end of this note. Additionally, a request was 
made to add objects in support of path protection. Up to this point the MIB has been limited
to linear APS as defined in GR-253-CORE  Revision 2, January 1999, section 5.3. (and appears
to be consistent with ITU-T Multiplex Section Protection as specified in G.783 Annex A and B).

Is there interest in or concerns about expanding the scope of this MIB to support additional 
protection architectures? Also, are there issues with the current draft that have not been
addressed? 

The list of changes applied to draft-ietf-atommib-sonetaps-mib-00.txt follows.

The rbn prefix has been eliminated.

The root of the mib has been changed to experimental XX.

RowStatus objects have been placed after the table index to allow for growth
of the tables.

The architecture types onePlusOneCompatible and onePlusOneOptimized  were 
added to apsConfigMode (corresponding to G.783 A.3.4.1 1 + 1 bidirectional
switching compatible with 1 : n bidirectional switching and G.783 B.1 1 + 1
bidirectional switching optimized for a network using predominantly 1 + 1
bidirectional switching respectively).

The value noCmd has been added to the ApsSwitchCommand and ApsControlCommand 
TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONs. It is returned by a read request when no command has been
written to the object in question since initialization.

apsMIBNotifications was changed from apsMIB 0 to apsMIB2.
apsNotificationsPrefix was created as apsMIBNotifications 0 and the
individual notifications now fall under apsNotificationsPrefix.

The DEFVAL of apsConfigWaitToRestore was changed from 10 to 600.

ApsCommandEntry was corrected to use ApsSwitchCommand and ApsControlCommand instead
of Integer32.