Subject: MIB usage for Tandem Connection Monitoring (G.707)

From: "Dave Danenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:51:19 -0400

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me here. First of all, I was looking
around the IETF web site for your email archive - where is it?

What I'm ultimately trying to find out is how to model a Tandem
Connection Monitoring (TCM) link in a MIB. The TCM option I'm interested
in is specified in G.707 Annex C.

I've looked at RFC 2558, and the objects in the SONET Path Tables are
pretty much what I want. Are these the objects that you folks recommend
using for TCM? If so, how is the tandem connection's ifIndex used in the
interface stack?

Or - instead of trying to reuse the Path Tables in RFC 2558, is there
another MIB designed more specifically for TCMs?

In draft-stewart-atommib-opticalmib-02, I saw a reference to "Optical
Channel Data Unit Tandem Connection Sub-Layer Network (ODUkT) - G.709".
By way of Stewart's references, this does not seem to be the same thing
as G.707 Tandem Connection Monitoring. I tried to look at G.709, but ITU
says it is not published yet.

Any help out there?
Thanks,
Dave Danenberg

Litchfield Communications Inc.
www.litchfieldcomm.com

Princeton Building East
76 Westbury Park Rd
Watertown CT 06795 USA

Tel: (860) 945 1573 x3180
Fax: (860) 945 1578

---

From: Nathan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:36:36 -0400

dave

the archive is located at:

ftp://ftp.research.telcordia.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib 

as far as G.709 goes - try the following supplied by Kam Lam at the 50th and
also on the slides he presented there:

	ftp://47.234.32.16/itu_to_ietf/SG15/
where you should find a link to g709-0102.pdf
	(ftp://47.234.32.16/itu_to_ietf/SG15/g709-0102.pdf)

nathan kohn
lucent technologies