Subject: question regarding RFC-2320

From: Armon Assulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:48:19 +0200

Hi all,

I'm reading now the RFC-2320 (IP and ARP over ATM MIB), and I have simple
question regarding this RFC:

In section 3.1.5. ( ATM Config PVC Table) in page 9, the following table is
showing:

         ipoaConfigPvcTable
----------------------------------------------------
     ipNetToMediaIfIndex  ===========> Note the index object (part of the
ipNetToMedia table)

     ipoaConfigPvcVpi
     ipoaConfigPvcVci

     ipoaConfigPvcDefualtMtu

     ipoaConfigPvcRowStatus

But, in the end of this RFC, when the same ATM Config PVC Table is details,
the index object is different, it's a special object of this table  
"ipoaConfigPVCIfIndex":

IpoaConfigPVCEntry :: SEQUENCE  {
	IpoaConfigPVCIfIndex			InterfaceIndex,
	IpoaConfigPVCVpi			IpoaVpiInteger,
	IpoaConfigPVCVci			IpoaVciInteger,
	IpoaConfigPVCDefualtMtu		Integer32
	IpoaConfigPVCRowStatus		RowStatus  }

  - Why there is a different between those two definitions? 

In addition, The description of this field (IfIndex) is: "The ifIndex of the
ATM Interface that this PVC is associated with", 
what you means by saying "ATM interface", is it the physical ATM interface?
or the IPoverATM interface? or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Armon Assulin 
Seabridge Networks.

---

From: "Faye Ly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:33:02 -0700

Armon,
 
Sorry but RFC 2320 was developed by a different working group 'ion' or
Internetworking over NBMA.
I don't believe the working group is currently active so you might want
to try to send email to the
author list listed in the RFC.  
 
Best of luck!
 
-faye

-----Original Message-----
From: Armon Assulin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 9:48 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: question regarding RFC-2320

Hi all, 

I'm reading now the RFC-2320 (IP and ARP over ATM MIB), and I have
simple question regarding this RFC: 

In section 3.1.5. ( ATM Config PVC Table) in page 9, the following table
is showing: 

         ipoaConfigPvcTable 
---------------------------------------------------- 
     ipNetToMediaIfIndex  ===========> Note the index object (part of
the ipNetToMedia table) 

     ipoaConfigPvcVpi 
     ipoaConfigPvcVci 

     ipoaConfigPvcDefualtMtu 

     ipoaConfigPvcRowStatus 

But, in the end of this RFC, when the same ATM Config PVC Table is
details, the index object is different, it's a special object of this
table  

"ipoaConfigPVCIfIndex": 

In addition, The description of this field (IfIndex) is: "The ifIndex of
the ATM Interface that this PVC is associated with", 

what you means by saying "ATM interface", is it the physical ATM
interface? or the IPoverATM interface? or something else?

Thanks in advance. 

Armon Assulin 
Seabridge Networks.