Subject: Sonet Linear APS Mib

From: "Ben Deligato" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:48:33 -0800

Hello:

I am new to this group...this is actually the first snmp working group I
have subscribed to.  I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice
concerning the Sonet Linear APS Mib draft.

Instead of creating an enterprise mib with virtually the same
information, I would like to implement this draft.  I see it will fall
under the "transmission" group.  However, I am not sure where under
"transmission" it would go.  So my questions are, would anyone recommend
me using it as it stands now, and if so, where under "transmission"
should I put it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben Deligato
Zhone Technologies
7001 Oakport St.
Oakland, CA 94621

---

From: "R. Muralidharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:27:40 +0530

Hello all,

  Is there a plan for a SONET/SDH Ring APS MIB? Or is it already in the
pipeline?

thanks in advance
regards,
muralidharan
OSS Systems India

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:38:35 -0500

Hi Ben,

> me using it as it stands now, and if so, where under "transmission"

Since this MIB does not have an OID assignment then you will need to 
put this under your enterprise branch.  (There were recent discussions 
on the "mibs" email list about having draft MIBs receive permanent OID
assignments 
with many different opinions.)

Typically, there will be changes to draft MIBs on their way to becoming
RFCs so you should be aware that you will be implementing something 
which is in most cases going to change.  At Crescent we have an
experiemental branch 
under our enterprise assignment and put draft-ietf MIBs there.

Hope that helps,
 -Joan