Subject: Re: draft-ietf-atommib-sonetaps-mib-07.txt - reference to latest issue of GR-253

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:27:34 -0700 (PDT)

>>>>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:48:19PM +0530, R. Muralidharan wrote:
RM>
RM>   The draft states:
RM>                The definitions and
RM> >             descriptions used in this MIB have been derived from
RM> >             Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Transport Systems:
RM> >             Common Generic Criteria, GR-253-CORE Revision 2, January
RM> >             1999, section 5.3.
RM>
RM>  GR-253 Issue 3 has been released in September 2000 with modifications
RM> in Section 5. Is it that the changes in Section 5 do not affect this draft
RM> or is there some other reason for the reference of the old version of
RM> GR-253?

>>>>> On Saturday, April 27, 2002 8:33 PM Jim Kuhfeld replied:
JK> Subject: Re: draft-ietf-atommib-sonetaps-mib-07.txt - reference to latest
JK> issue of GR-253
JK> 
JK> 
JK> > The draft effort began in mid 1999 and the references have not been
JK> > subsequently updated. Have you uncovered any conflicts between the
JK> > draft and GR-253 Issue 3?

The changes between GR-253 Issue 2 Revision 2 and GR-253 Issue 3 have
mainly to do with the incorporation of requirements for OC-192 systems
that previously were in GR-1377.  All but one of the change bars in the
part of Section 5 dealing with linear APS are related to this.  The one
exception is some text that states that a clear command may optionally
be used to to terminate a wait-to-restore period.  As far as I can tell,
none of the changes have any effect on the APS-MIB.

I don't see any harm in updating the reference in the draft to the latest
version of GR-253, but I also don't see any pressing need to do so.

Mike