Subject: atommib-sonetaps-mib-09

From: "Faye Ly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:33:16 -0700

Hi,

This is to announce that draft:

atommib-sonetaps-mib-09.txt

has passed the working group last call with
no remaining issue.  The chair(s) of this
working group have decided not to include
the issue to add the support for y-cable
and enum other(6) to the MIB.

-faye

_________________________________________________________________
Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN! 
http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:11:56 +0200 (CEST)

> and enum other(6) to the MIB.

Just for next time... i.e. don't correct this on the mailing list.

The above wording might be a bit less than ideal since it
might lead folks to think that the co-chairs can just decide things
willy-nilly.
I suspect that what you did was to guage whether there was (rough) consensus
in the WG to keep the documents the way they are, and then announce that
you had come to that conclusion to the list. Thus stating things as "the
chairs have found that there is rough consensus to not add ..."
is better than "decide".

  Erik