Subject: WG-recharter and moving to OPS area

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:51:50 +0200

WG participants, 

The current INT ADs, the WG chairs and I have been discussing
this WG and where it sits. Since the WG does only MIB work,
it seems wise to just move the WG to the OPS area and let
it report to me. I am currently discussing this with the 
IESG and IAB. If you have any other input, pls post to the
list.

Below is the proposed re-charter text. 

Thanks,
Bert, Thomas, Margaret
------ draft re-charter text for ATOMMIB-WG ----

Status: re-charter text, not yet approved by IESG

Chair(s):
  Faye Ly <[email-masked]>
  Kam Lam <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
  Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
  Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
  Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Technical Advisor(s):
  Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]> ?? still checking on this ??

Mailing Lists:
  General Discussion: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: [email-masked]
  Archive: ftp://ftp.research.telcordia.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib

Description of Working Group:

The AToM MIB Working Group is currently chartered to:

1. Maintain and advance on the standards track the existing 
   specifications for ATM management (RFC2512-2515).

2. Maintain and advance on the standards track other trunk-mib
   specifications (i.e., for DS0 - DS3-E3, RFC2493-2496).

The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with the
Internet-standard Management framework.

Goals and Milestones:

Done      Revised OpticalMIB Internet-Draft and make available for
          discussion  
Done      Submit the SONET APS MIB to the IESG for consideration as
          a Proposed Standard  
Done      Report on implementation experience on RFC 2558  
Done      Submit OpticalMIB Internet-Draft to IESG for standards
          track elevation  
Done      Submit the ATM Supplemental to the IESG for consideration
          as a Proposed Standard  
Done      Report on implementation experience on RFC 2493  
Done      Submit any needed revisions of RFC2493 to the IESG for
          standards track advancement as appropriate  
Done      Submit any needed revisions of RFC2558 to the IESG for
          standards track advancement as appropriate  

Oct 03    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2494  
Oct 03    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2495-2496  
Oct 03    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2513  
Oct 03    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2514-2515  
Oct 03    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2495-2496 to the IESG
          for standards track advancement as appropriate  
Oct 03    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2514-2515 to the IESG
          for consideration of standards track advancement as
          appropriate  
Jan 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2494 to the IESG for
          standards track advancement as appropriate  
Jan 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2513 to the IESG
          for consideration of standards track advancement
          as appropriate  
Jan 04    Re-evaluate charter or close the WG