Subject: RFC 3591 on Definitions of Managed Objects for the Optical Interface Type (fwd)

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:59:31 -0700 (PDT)

AToM MIB folks --

Here is the announcement for the OPT-IF-MIB RFC that appeared on the
IETF-Announce list.

//cmh

Subject: RFC 3591 on Definitions of Managed Objects for the Optical Interface Type
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:28:15 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3591

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for the Optical
                    Interface Type
        Author(s):  H-K. Lam, M. Stewart, A. Huynh
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      173
        Characters: 310815
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3591.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) in TCP/IP-based
internets.  In particular, it defines objects for managing Optical
Interfaces associated with WavelengthDivision Multiplexing systems or
characterized by the Optical Transport Network (OTN) in accordance
with the OTN architecture defined in ITU-T Recommendation G.872.

The MIB module defined in this memo can be used for performance
monitoring and/or configuration of such optical interface.

This document is a product of the AToM MIB Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.