Subject: RFC 3592 on Definitions of Managed Objects for the Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Interface Type (fwd)

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

AToM MIB folks --

Here is the announcement for the SONET-MIB RFC that appeared on the
IETF-Announce list.

//cmh

Subject: RFC 3592 on Definitions of Managed Objects for the Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Interface Type
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:30:08 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3592

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for the
                    Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital
                    Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Interface Type
        Author(s):  K. Tesink
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      73
        Characters: 143588
        Obsoletes:  2558

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3592.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
In particular, it defines objects for managing Synchronous Optical
Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) interfaces.  This
document is a companion to the documents that define Managed Objects
for the DS1/E1/DS2/E2 and DS3/E3 Interface Types.

This memo replaces RFC 2558.  Changes relative to RFC 2558 are
summarized in the MIB module's REVISION clause.

This document is a product of the AToM MIB Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.