Subject: Re: Interesting overlap with XCAP draft

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:25:21 +0100

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:43:49 -0800, Tim Bray <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Check it out:  
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-05.txt

Yes, it's interesting, as I expressed on the list almost a month ago:

<url: http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg00271.html>

As I wrote back then: When reading this I can't stop thinking about its  
relevance to the Atom protocol in so many ways. Perhaps we should try to  
implement XCAP as a part of the Atom protocol rather than inventing some  
of the same things over again?

I think XCAP's relevance to the Atom protocol is mainly regarding  
configuration of Atom servers; autodiscovery documents, searches within  
Atom documents and maybe even updates of existing Atom documents. XCAP  
lacks some of Atom's needs in this respect, so maybe we should provide  
some input so that XCAP can serve the Atom protocol's needs.

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»