Subject: New AtomPubIssuesList for 2004/12/02

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:04:10 -0500

Let's see if we can fold some of the Protocol Design Team's outputs back 
into this process...

Technical issue, format:

   PaceCategoryElement - recommended for closure
   PaceCategoryRevised - let's see if there is consensus on this

Technical issues, protocol:

   PaceIntrospection - seems stable enough
   PaceCollectionIdiom - first step into a contentious issue

Procedural issues, protocol:

   PaceProblemStatements - process for suggestions
   PaceTwoProtocolDocs - rescoping the workgroup

- Sam Ruby

---

From: "Roger B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:11:06 -0600

> let's see if there is consensus on this

Works for me. +1

--
Roger Benningfield
blog: http://admin.support.journurl.com/

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:02:07 -0500

>>let's see if there is consensus on this

Hey, sure. +1.

Robert Sayre

---

From: Ezra Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:01:02 -0800

+1

---

From: Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:26:34 +0000

-1

> Both the "scheme" and "label" are optional, but the "term" attribute 
> is mandatory.

What good is a term without a scheme? And without a label either, all 
you know is that something is from category #4. How is this useful?

Graham

---

From: "Roger B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:23:31 -0600

> you know is that something is from category #4. How is this useful?

Graham:  See del.icio.us. Someone's "apple" tag may relate to their
career in fruit, while my "apple" tag may relate to computers... but
in most cases, there's enough overlap for del.icio.us to do useful
things.

Same thing here. My "Flash" animation category may not really relate
to the "Flash" category on an exhibitionist porn site, but I'm betting
I'll get more good matches than bad over time. Particularly when
dealing with the finite universe of my desktop aggregator.

Naturally, folks with numeric IDs or whatever won't be able to cash in
on random connections, but those are the folks who will be most likely
to add @scheme and @label to their elements.

--
Roger Benningfield

---

From: Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:34:25 +0000

> to add @scheme and @label to their elements.

You've just made a very compelling argument for why label is the most 
useful one and if any are going to be required, it should.

(I actually think they should all be optional, and possibly "term" 
should default to the value of label when absent)

Graham