Subject: Author tag

From: Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:30:27 +1100

Hi guys,

I looked at the mail archive. It's a shame it doesn't have a search
facility on the web page. In any case, I am writing some Atom parsing
libraries for Java, as I found the existing ones to be old and usually
only partial implementations. I'm basically where I need to be, except
I could use some additional clarity on the Author element. If I look
at the Feedburder feed for my blog
(feeds.feedburner.com/Melbournephilosopher) I notice that the author
element is

<author>
~    <name> MelbournePhilosopher </name>
</author>

while the spec makes no mention of this.

Cheers,
- -Tennessee

---

From: Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:57:10 +1100

Clarification: The spec makes no mention of the sub-element "name". It
looks like the author tag is the leaf node, and should contain only text.

| Hi guys,
|
| I looked at the mail archive. It's a shame it doesn't have a search
|  facility on the web page. In any case, I am writing some Atom
| parsing libraries for Java, as I found the existing ones to be old
| and usually only partial implementations. I'm basically where I
| need to be, except I could use some additional clarity on the
| Author element. If I look at the Feedburder feed for my blog
| (feeds.feedburner.com/Melbournephilosopher) I notice that the
| author element is
|
| <author> ~    <name> MelbournePhilosopher </name> </author>
|
| while the spec makes no mention of this.
|
| Cheers, -Tennessee

---

From: Isofarro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:04:47 +0000

> ~    <name> MelbournePhilosopher </name>

Current draft specification:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-format-05.txt

atom:author element is defined on page 20

atom:author uses the Person Construct. So have a look at Section 
3.2 "Person Constructs" page 9.

---

From: Tennessee Leeuwenburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:26:44 +1100

Thanks guys, that is exactly the information I need. Don't know why I 
missed it, but I have it now.

Is anyone interested in my code when I am finished? There's no 
sourceforge project for it, but I'm happy to release under LGPL if 
anyone would like it.

Cheers,
-T

---

From: Lance Lavandowska <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:09:50 -0600

Have you seen ROME? 
<https://rome.dev.java.net/>

The site says "Today it accepts all flavors of RSS (0.90, 0.91
Netscape, 0.91 Userland, 0.92, 0.93, 0.94, 1.0 and 2.0) and Atom 0.3
feeds", and I'm not aware of anyone working on supporting the current
draft Atom definitions.  Perhaps you'd like to contribute your work to
them?

Lance

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:30:27 +1100, Tennessee Leeuwenburg
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi guys,
>