Subject: Pace production and process

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:53:52 -0800

To those of you who have been providing Paces before the deadline, our 
thanks.  This is a reminder that sometime on Monday, Sam is going to do 
the *last* rev of AtomPubIssuesList before IETF last call.  Both Paul 
and I have 100% confidence in Sam's judgement as to which Paces are 
well-enough cooked to merit inclusion in the "Currently Under 
Discussion" list.

We're also happy to see some structure building up around the 
extension-proposal process.

It would be really nice for us co-chairs if we could make our consensus 
call based mostly on what happens next week; I think the debate this 
week has been really useful, but both the Paces and the individual 
opinions have been shifting so much that I despair of pulling anything 
useful consensus-wise out of it.  So I'd encourage everyone, once Sam 
fires the starting gun, to get in there with their +1's and -1's so we 
know where everyone ended up.

And (process note) I will be in Maui from Sunday to Sunday and (hard to 
believe I know) not thinking very much about syndication technology.  
So Paul gets to watch the flow by himself.  In practical terms, this 
means it may take us till sometime around the 15th or so to do that 
last consensus call.  -Tim