Subject: Presentation on Atom at "News Standards Summit"

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:54:58 -0800

There is going to be a "News Standards Summit" May 23rd in Amsterdam.  
They're looking for someone to talk about Atom.  If you'd like to, 
please contact Laurent Le Meur directly. -Tim

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Laurent Le Meur [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoyé : lundi 31 janvier 2005 12:24
Objet : News Standard Summit 2005 - request for presenters

I’ve been asked to advise you that IDEAlliance, IPTC, IFRA and G-Sam 
are to co-organize a News Standards Summit on May 23th in Amsterdam, in 
conjunction with XTech 2005 (24-27 May). The idea is for the news 
community to exchange information on current developments on 
news-related XML standards, and check if convergence is possible.

The focus will be on the representation of news content (the upcoming 
IPTC NewsML2 and EventsML), news metadata (publication metadata with 
PRISM, photo metadata with IPTC/XMP and DISC, and the introduction of 
RDF/OWL in this industry) and news syndication (RSS, Atom, ICE). Case 
studies will help get information about real-life needs.

More information can be found on the IDEAlliance web site: 
http://www.idealliance.org/news-summit/   

The planning committee is looking for presenters deeply involved in the 
development of Atom and RSS. In 2003, during the first News Standards 
Summit in Philadelphia, Sam Ruby introduced Atom and Ben Hammersley 
gave a very interesting presentation of RSS. Now RSS1.0 is under 
maintenance, a new flavor - RSS1.1 – is proposed, Atom draft 0.5 is 
under discussion. Things are going faster.

As co-chairs of the Atom WG, and especially if you plan attending XTech 
2005, would you be interested in presenting the latest developments of 
the work on Atom? If not who would you recommend for such a 
presentation?

Best regards

Laurent Le Meur

Agence France Presse

-----------------------
  This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and 
intended solely for the use of the individ ual or entity to whom it is 
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the 
sende r and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named 
addressee you should not disseminate, distr ibute or copy this email.

  For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web 
site at http://www.afp.com
-----------------------