Subject: PaceJoinSectionSixAndTen

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:36:12 +0000

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceJoinSectionSixAndTen

== Abstract ==

Move everything security related into section 10 and drop section 6.

Author: BillDehora

== Status ==

Open

== Rationale ==

  * We don't need 2 security sections.
  * The reader will have one place to go re security.

== Proposal ==

  1. Place the current section 6 paragraphs in draft05 under section 10.

  1. Call section 10. 'Atom Security Considerations'

== Impacts ==

Format section layout post draft05.

== Notes ==

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:49:33 -0800

-1. IETF documents have to have a "Security Considerations" section 
that describes general security issues. In no cases that I know of do 
they contain protocol specification. See RFC 3552 for more info.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:09:15 +0000

Paul Hoffman wrote:
> 
> -1. IETF documents have to have a "Security Considerations" section that 
> describes general security issues. In no cases that I know of do they 
> contain protocol specification. See RFC 3552 for more info.

Is that -1 to the proposed title or -1 to having one section?

cheers
Bill

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:53:00 -0800

At 5:09 PM +0000 2/7/05, Bill de hÓra wrote:
>>that describes general security issues. In no cases that I know of 
>>do they contain protocol specification. See RFC 3552 for more info.
>

The latter. In IETF documents, there should be a section that tells 
you how to do security, and another section that shows the bigger 
picture about security (such as known threats, other interesting 
security work, and so on).

--Paul Hoffman, Director

---

From: Bill de hÓra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:09:43 +0000

Paul Hoffman wrote:

> The latter. In IETF documents, there should be a section that tells you 
> how to do security, and another section that shows the bigger picture 
> about security (such as known threats, other interesting security work, 
> and so on).

I can tell this isn't worth arguing about :) I've withdrawn the pace and 
notified Sam.

cheers
Bill