Subject: [Fwd: draft-reschke-http-addmember-00]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:16:22 +0100

(fyi)

-------- Original Message --------
 > ...
To: [email-masked]
 > ...

Hi,

recently different communities (caldav/groupdav, atompup (protocol
part)) have been discussing how to use HTTP to author new resources when
the URL namespace is completely server-controlled, thus PUT just doesn't
fit well.

A simple approach would be to define a new HTTP method which is *almost*
like PUT, except that the server chooses the URL to create (and returns
it in the Location header).

I've submitted a first draft as "draft-reschke-http-addmember-00". Note
that it also contains an appendix covering possible alternative approaches.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

HTML version:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-addmember-00.html>
Latest edits will be at:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-addmember-latest.html

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760