Subject: Difference between |rel="related"| and the link it is about

From: Anne van Kesteren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:38:07 +0100

For link weblogs (I run one) it would be very useful to be able to
distinquise between the link you point to and the link it is about.

Currently aggregators (like Hotlinks) take the first |rel="related"|
link and consider that to be the most important one.

My weblog system does the same.

Example:
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/archives/href/2005/02#link-1306>

The post is really about the ten new working drafts. That I read
something slightly related is not really the subject of the post
although it might be interesting to the reader.

I proposed this ages ago and it would probably need another pace now
(although I read those are not accepted anymore):

  |rel="about"|
    Points to the resource the entry is about.

That would be enough. Zero or more allowed.

If this is not addressed I guess aggregators and publishing systems keep
such hacks which would not be really nice.

-- 
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>