Subject: atom:content in atom:entry

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:16:40 -0500

Section 4.15 says:

4.15  The "atom:content" Element

   The "atom:content" element either contains or links to the content of
   the entry.  atom:entry elements MUST contain zero or one atom:content
   elements.

The constraint "atom:entry elements MUST contain zero or one atom:content
elements." belongs in 4.3, I think.

And is it still true? I can't tell if I'm allowed to have more than one
if they have different types. What's the status quo?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | Everything we love, no doubt, will pass
http://nwalsh.com/            | away, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps a
                              | thousand years hence. Neither it nor
                              | our love for it is any the less
                              | valuable for that reason.--John Passmore

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:29:21 -0500

> if they have different types. What's the status quo?

The status quo is that you cannot, it's still true, and the requirement 
is in the wrong place.

The reason is that each atom:content element would require accessible 
alternative content, and result in reinvention of the feed structure. 
Also, no one uses them in Atom 0.3. Take a look at PaceEntriesElement as 
an alternative.

Robert Sayre