Subject: Atom Notification Protocol Update

From: James Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:55:31 -0800

I have just submitted an update to the Atom Notification Protocol
draft that will hopefully be published in a day or so.  I have
attached the draft for review.

Summary of changes:
  * Rather than POSTing atom:feed elements to indicate an updated
feed, atom:head elements are POSTed.
  * Eliminated the NotificationURI location mechanisms. 
NotificationURI's will be located in some application specific manner.
 It didn't make sense at this point in time to define a common
mechanism.
  * Head-In-Entry has been marked as a SHOULD
  * Expanded treatment of HTTP response codes and HTTP methods

To reiterate the prior discussion that happened on this, I am not
intending this as a competitor to Atom-XMPP.  I think both have their
place and both contribute to the General Good.  I would appreciate
folks giving this a look over and offering any comments you may have.

-- 
- James Snell
  http://www.snellspace.com
  [email-masked]