Subject: Standalone schema?

From: Henri Sivonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:21:50 +0300

Is the Relax NG schema from the appendix hosted as a standalone HTTP 
resource somewhere on atompub.org ?

-- 
Henri Sivonen
[email-masked]
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:29:13 -0400

> resource somewhere on atompub.org ?

Now it is.

http://atompub.org/2005/04/18/atom.rnc

Robert Sayre

---

From: Henri Sivonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:37:42 +0300

> http://atompub.org/2005/04/18/atom.rnc

Thanks.

Could you also set the MIME type to application/vnd.relax-ng.rnc 
instead of text/plain?

-- 
Henri Sivonen
[email-masked]
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:52:55 -0400

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Could you also set the MIME type to application/vnd.relax-ng.rnc instead 
> of text/plain?

Hmm. That's not a registered type, is it?

Robert Sayre

---

From: Henri Sivonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:29:01 +0300

> Hmm. That's not a registered type, is it?

It doesn't appear in the registry. I thought that type had consensus on 
the OASIS Relax NG mailing list in last July, but apparently the 
registration has not been carried out. I guess that leaves 
application/octet-stream, then. :-/

(It seems to me the MIME type system is dysfunctional and 
extension/foo, where foo is the commonly used filename extension would 
go a long way for new types.)

-- 
Henri Sivonen
[email-masked]
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/