Subject: strange Live Bookmark display of HTML version of draft in Firefox

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:24:47 +0200

Hi,

Firefox ironically displays a "Live Bookmark" icon for 
<http://atompub.org/2005/04/04/draft-ietf-atompub-format-07.html> :-) 
This is caused by LINK tags such as

   <link rel="Chapter" title="2 Atom Documents" href="#rfc.section.2">

...whenever a title contains the string "Atom", it is mis-detected as a 
feed link. Guess we'll need to finish the feed discovery description and 
send it over to the Mozilla developers...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Phil Ringnalda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:36:26 -0700

> <http://atompub.org/2005/04/04/draft-ietf-atompub-format-07.html> :-) 

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=257247

I've just had a hard time pushing for draconian autodiscovery, since 
it's vastly easier to find broken attempts at autodiscovery links which 
we would still like to subscribe to than it is to find non-feeds that 
trigger the current lax code.

Phil Ringnalda