Subject: PaceBriefExample posted

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:05:31 -0400

I'm obviously very down on normative language requiring a summary. I
am open to non-normative language explaining the syndication medium as
we see it today. I acknowledge that people who don't know what they're
doing sometimes create unhappy users by providing title-only feeds.
The examples, especially the ones at the top, should cater to people
who don't know what they're doing. Please do not take this opportunity
argue about PaceOptionalSummary. Feel free to use it as ammunition in
one of the other threads, if you must.

Abstract
----------------------------
Change the description of the first example, if PaceOptionalSummary is accepted.

Status
----------------------------
Open

Rationale
----------------------------
Most readers glance at examples, but don't read the rest of the spec.
They should be steered towards the set of elements they probably want
to be using.

Proposal
----------------------------
Change the first line of section 1.2 from

{{{ A minimal, single-entry Atom Feed Document: }}}

to

{{{ A brief, single-entry Atom Feed Document: }}}

and keep the example as it is in format-08.