Subject: FW: XML Directorate Reviewer Comments

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:22:00 -0400

Here are some more -07 review comments from one member of the XML
Directorate.  We already know about #1.  It's OK to ask questions about the
reviewer's questions, just please cc him directly if you wish to start a
dialog.

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Newton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:25 PM
To: Scott Hollenbeck
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [xml-dir] FW: draft-ietf-atompub-format-07.txt is ready for
IETF last call

A very good document overall.  I found just a few items, all minor.

1) Section 1.2.
   The "atom" prefix uses a namespace URI not under change control of 
the IETF.  See BCP 81.  Also, purl.org is not listed in 2606.

2) Section 4.1.3.3 Item 2
   The text:
     for example, "<br>" as "&lt;br>".
   Is this right?  Should it be:
     for example, "<br>" as "&lt;br&gt;".

   Also, should the "must" in "The HTML markup must be escaped" be a 
MUST?

   Should rule 2 have the same note regarding the <DIV> element as rule 
3?  What happens if the type is html and the content is all within 
&lt;div&gt; .... &lt;/div&gt; ?

3) Section 4.2.4
   Is the "atom:copyright" also meant to convey an applicable 
distribution license?

-andy