Subject: AtomPubIssuesList for 2005/11/30

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:19:55 -0500

Sceduling the remaining Introspection/Collection paces as well as the 
ones that are under active discussion anyway:

   PaceAllowLinkedIntrospectionDocuments
   PaceAllowNestedCollectionsAndWorkspaces
   PaceAllowNestedCollections
   PaceCollectionOrderSignificance
   PaceCollectionsAcceptedMediaTypes
   PaceDecoupleCreateAndListEndpoints
   PaceReplaceTypeWithAccept2
   PaceReworkIntrospection
   PaceReworkListingDescription
   PaceWorkflows
   PaceUseLinkHeaders

As always, discussion of these paces should occur on the atom protocol
list, with a subject line identifying which pace you are expressing an
opinion on.

Additionally, I'm recommending the following for closure:

   PaceCollectionProcess
   PaceDecoupleDiscoverAndCreate
   PaceGenericTitle
   PaceGenericTitleAndId
   PaceJustLinks
   PaceLinksAndWorkspaces
   PageListTemplates
   PaceReplaceTypeWithAccept
   PaceReworkPostOnMemberResource
   PaceServiceDescription

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:11:33 -0500

> Additionally, I'm recommending the following for closure:

Hi Sam!

I noticed you moved PaceFeedsNotCollections and PaceSimpleIntroduction
into the Closed section. That certainly seems reasonable to me, since
they received opposition and little support. However, the record of
their transition needs to be documented on the mailing list by the
secretary or chairs.

thanks!

--

Robert Sayre

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time."

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:28:17 -0500

> their transition needs to be documented on the mailing list by the

I did this based on the following:

http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg03545.html

And, unless I misinterpreted, both Paul and Tim confirmed via email 
and/or IM that this was their intent; that being said, having one or 
both of them making their intentions more explicit on the mailing list 
wouldn't hurt.

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:41:03 -0500

On 11/30/05, Sam Ruby <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > into the Closed section.
> and/or IM that this was their intent;

That message concerned PaceServiceDescription, which has been moved to
Recommended For Closure.  No argument there. PaceFeedsNotCollections
and PaceSimpleIntroduction were moved directly to Closed. Once again,
I'm not arguing, just asking that the WG's decision be documented
explicitly.

--

Robert Sayre