Subject: AtomPubIssuesList for 2005/11/12

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:55:40 -0500

After the chairs cleared away a number of issues[1], discussion has 
focused  on collections and introspection.  The following paces are 
currently under discussion.

   PaceFeedsNotCollections
   PaceIntrospectAsFeed
   PaceIntrospectionInSeparateDraft
   PaceNoCollectionsInsideCollections
   PaceRemoveListTemplate
   PaceRemoveMemberTypeMust
   PaceReworkCollectionMembership
   PaceReworkIntrospection
   PaceReworkProtocolModel
   PaceSimpleIntroduction
   PaceUseAppOutlines

As always, discussion of these paces should occur on the atom protocol
list, with a subject line identifying which pace you are expressing an
opinion on.

Additionally, a large number of Paces have not been updated to reflect 
the latest drafts, have been withdrawn, or are otherwise obsolete.  If 
nobody comes forward to claim any of these, they will be summarily closed:

   PaceAppDocuments2                          PaceInsignificantUpdate
   PaceAuthentication 
PaceIntrospectOneCollectionAtATime
   PaceBatch                                  PaceInvalidAtom
   PaceClarifyCollectionAndDeleteMethod       PacePostAnyToEntryCollection
   PaceCollectionControl+ControlAsMetadata    PacePostOnlyCollections
   PaceCollectionControl+IgnoreUnknown        PaceReworkCollectionListing
   PaceCollectionControl+OrderingSignificant  PaceSimpleNotify
   PaceCollectionControl+StripPubControl 
PaceSimplifyCollectionDescription
   PaceCollectionsAcceptedMediaTypes          PaceSimplifyCollections2
   PaceCollectionsInsideCollections           PaceSimplifyIntrospection
   PaceCompoundEntries                        PaceSOAPGateway
   PaceEditLinkMustToMay                      PaceUseContentDisposition
   PaceErrorReports                           PaceXHTMLIntrospection
   PaceFixDateRangeParams06                   PaceXHTMLIntrospection2

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg02970.html

---

From: Luke Arno <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:21:48 -0500

Regarding PaceEditLinkMustToMay, Tim said:

"No consensus yet, but not impossible; schedule formally."

Also, is there any problem with
PaceDecoupleDiscoverAndCreate?

It is somewhat radical but starts with the current draft,
provides camera ready copy and solves some of the
problems on which we are currently working.

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceDecoupleDiscoverAndCreate

Thanks.

- Luke