Subject: RSS Extension for Security Information Exchange

From: Masato Terada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:19:04 +0900

Hi folks,

I am new to the list.

I would like to make a RSS Extension (Qualified Security Advisory
Reference) for RSS 1.0, 2.0 and Atom to promote the following
environment.

 - Distribution designed to encourage reuse of security information
 - More efficient aggregation of security information from product vendors

There are my documents on the following site.

Title: Proposal of RSS Extension for Security Information Exchange
  http://jvnrss.ise.chuo-u.ac.jp/jtg/20060630_paper.pdf
  http://jvnrss.ise.chuo-u.ac.jp/jtg/20060630_presentation.pdf

And I am constructing a feasibility study site for this activity (on going).
  http://jvnrss.ise.chuo-u.ac.jp/jtg/

Please send your kindly messages (advice, discussions and questions etc.) to me.

Cheers,
Masato
(My expertise is security area, not Atom ^^;)

---

From: "A. Pagaltzis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:44:58 +0200

>  - More efficient aggregation of security information from product vendors

This doesn’t strike me as something that needs any new
syndication functionality. It seems like you just want to
transport some non-HTML content via a feed. Atom natively
supports transporting documents of any MIME Type without the need
for any extensions. Doesn’t that cover your use case? Do you
actually need to extend the functionality of the syndication
format?

Regards,
-- 
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:44:34 +0900 (JST)

In article <20060713234458.GJ2620@klangraum>
[email-masked] writes:

At first, there were two typos. Correct URL is ...

  http://jvnrss.ise.chuo-u.ac.jp/jtg/doc/20060630_paper.pdf
                                     ^^^
  http://jvnrss.ise.chuo-u.ac.jp/jtg/doc/20060630_presentation.pdf
                                     ^^^

* "A. Pagaltzis" <[email-masked]>:
> Do you actually need to extend the functionality of the 
> syndication format?

Currently, I use RSS 1.0 and the field <dc:relation> of the 
Dublin Core. In case of Atom, is best practice to use the 
field <dc:relation> of the Dublin Core" ?

Regards,
Masato

---

From: "A. Pagaltzis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:42:45 +0200

* [email-masked] <[email-masked]> [2006-07-14 06:00]:
> Dublin Core. In case of Atom, is best practice to use the field
> <dc:relation> of the Dublin Core" ?

Sounds like Atom’s native `link` element to me. What kind of
values do your `relation` elements have and what do they mean?

Regards,