Subject: <base> within HTML content

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:38:33 +0000

If we come across something like: "<description type="html"><![CDATA 
[<base url="http://example.com/"><a href="test.html">Test Link</a>]] 
 ></description>", I assume the link should point to <http:// 
example.com/test.html>, due to the <base> element? I assume,  
likewise, that <base> would take precedence over xml:base, as it is  
directly within the content.

- Geoffrey Sneddon

---

From: "James Holderness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:28:54 -0000

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> example.com/test.html>, due to the <base> element?

Not necessarily. The base element should only appear in the head section of 
an HTML document, so it's not actually valid in an HTML fragment like this. 
I suppose you could support it if you wanted to, but I don't think you'd be 
wrong to ignore it.

Regards
James