Subject: feeds: what does atom:id denote?

From: Bill de hOra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:11:42 +0000

Hi,

I'm sending entries over XMPP packaged up as feeds. A question that has 
come up - should the feed's atom:id change each time a feed is sent, or 
should it remain the same for all feeds issued from a client?

cheers
Bill

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:32:09 -0800

Depends... is the client expected to process each discreet set of
entries as part of a single logical set or is each discreet set expected
to be processed as it's own complete set?  The former would be
equivalent to the way most feed readers work today.  The latter would be
equivalent to subscribing to a new feed each time.  In the former, each
feed should have the same atom:id; in the latter, each feed should have
a unique atom:id.

- James