Subject: Best practice for linking to child feeds

From: "Becker, Matthew R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:43:37 -0500

Given a feed of discussion board topics, how do you show that an Atom
entry representing a topic has a related child feed representing the
posts for that topic? I was looking at the rel attribute of the link
element and I do not see a valid value of child.  I thought I saw this
in an older draft. What is the recommended way to handle a hierarchy of
related feeds?

Thanks,

Matt.

---

From: Sylvain Hellegouarch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:57:35 +0000

> in an older draft. What is the recommended way to handle a hierarchy of

Maybe RFC 4685?
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4685.txt

Alternatively I wonder if the Feed History spec. could suit you better:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/atompub/draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history-08.txt

- Sylvain

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:07:12 -0800

RFC 4685 - http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4685.txt

- James