Subject: Type parameter implementation

From: Sylvain Hellegouarch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:05:22 +0000

Hi folks,

Wth the first version of the type parameter draft [1] recently released
by James, I was wondering if implementors had started implementing it
either in their Atom consumer or APP server/client?

Or is it to be considered too soon?

- Sylvain

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-typeparam-00.txt

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 07:52:10 -0800

I've added very preliminary support for it to Abdera.  Nothing major,
just a bit that detects the root node and outputs the media type
according and a bit that checks to see if the media type specifically
identifies an entry.  Once we're a bit further down the path towards
finalizing the spec, I'll add support to the server component for
checking the type.

- James

---

From: "Eric Larson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:18:36 -0600

Would someone mind posting a use case for this draft?

I am not really sure I understand what it really does to make things
easier for clients. Also, I apologize if this isn't the correct list
for this question.

Thanks!

Eric

---

From: "Eric Larson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:26:01 -0600

Sorry posting this message. I found a thread or two that gave me some
clarity. I just added a type to my APP implementation, so maybe it
will help to clarify the I-D.

Thanks!

Eric