Subject: fh:complete & cf:treatAs

From: "Franklin Tse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:55:20 +0800

Hi all,

<fh:complete /> in RFC 5005 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5005) and 
<cf:treatAs>list</cf:treatAs> in the Simple List Extensions Specification 
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/rss/sle/) have the same meaning. However, 
only the latter one is being supported by feed readers at the moment.

I am not sure if there has been any feed reader supporting <fh:complete />, 
but I want to add the element to my feed as more implementations of RFC 5005 
are expected in the future.

Is it a good practice to use both <fh:complete /> and 
<cf:treatAs>list</cf:treatAs> in the same feed?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" 
xmlns:fh="http://purl.org/syndication/history/1.0" 
xmlns:cf="http://www.microsoft.com/schemas/rss/core/2005" xml:lang="en">
...
<fh:complete />
<cf:treatAs>list</cf:treatAs>
...
</feed>

Regards,
Franklin