Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-01.txt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:12:59 +0200

FYI:

We have made a bit of process since -00, but there are still a few open 
issues, and the WebDAV/JCR related appendix that I want to add still 
needs to be written.

Note that I'll attend the Atom BarBof in Stockholm 
(<draft-brown-versioning-link-relations>), in case somebody wants to 
discuss the proposal face-to-face.

BR, Julian

[email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> 	Title           : Link Relations for Simple Version Navigation
> 	Author(s)       : A. Brown, et al.
> 	Filename        : draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-01.txt
> 	Pages           : 6
> 	Date            : 2009-07-13
> 
> This specification defines Atom link relations for navigation between
> a resource and its versions.
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-01.txt
> 
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> Internet-Draft.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:45:44 -0700

hello.

> issues, and the WebDAV/JCR related appendix that I want to add still 

might this be a good opportunity to point to possible combinations with 
the proposed "update properties" i was writing about earlier? if such 
update properties were available in Atom, then they could also be 
applied to entries, so that applications with advanced history features 
for individual entries could expose update properties of entries. but 
then again, in such a scenario a service might expose such entries in 
"update/versioning feeds" anyway (i.e., one feed per entry in the 
original feed, with that update feed containing all versions of an 
entry), so that such update properties of entries would be exposed on 
the feed level again...

cheers,

dret.