Subject: Don't lose your FSA funds. Get Lasik.

From: "LASIK Vision Institute Offer"<LASIK Vision Institute [email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:43:58 -0400

Unable to view..our Advertisement below due to no images?Try to open your browser to this.

LASIK Spring Sale! Prices Start at $299 Per Eye!

Don't lose your FSA funds. Get Lasik.

Rock music was not viewed favorably by most traditional and fundamentalist Christians when it became popular with young people from the 1950s,
altho

719II92Y10ugh early rock music was ofte

719II92Y10n influenced by country and gospel music Religious people in many regions of the United States did not want their children posed to music
with unruly, impassioned vocals, loud guitar riffs and jarring, hypnotic rhythms Rock and roll diff

719II92Y10ered from the norm, and thus it was seen as a threat [1] Often the music was overtly s ual in nature, as in the case of Elvis Presley,

719II92Y10 who became controversial an

719II92Y10d massively popular partly for his suggestive stage antics and dancing However, Elvis was a religious person who even released a gospel

719II92Y10 album: Peace in the Valley [2] Individual Christians may have listened to or even performed rock music in many cases, but it was seen as
anathema to conservative church establishments, particularly in the American South

719II92Y10
He Touched Me was a 1972 gospel music album by Elvis Presley which sold over 1 million copies in the US alone and earned Presley his second of three
Grammy Awards Not counting compilations, it was his third and final album devoted clusively to gospel music Th

719II92Y10e song "He Touched Me" was written in 1963 by Bill Gaither, an American singer and songwriter of southern gospel and Contempor

719II92Y10ary Christian music

In the 1960s, rock music developed artistically, attained worldwide popularity and became associated with the radical countercult

719II92Y10ure, firmly alienating many Christians In 1966 The Beatles, regarded as one of the most popular and influential rock bands of

719II92Y10their era, ran into trouble with many of their American fans when John Lennon jokingly offered his opinion that Christianity was dying and that
the Beatles were "more popular than Jesus now" [3][4] The romantic, melodic rock songs of the band's earl

719II92Y10y career had formerly been viewed as relatively inoffensive, but after the remark, churches nationwide organized Beatles

719II92Y10record burnings and Lennon was forced to apologize [5] Subsequently, the Beatles and most rock musicians perimented with a more compl ,
psychedelic style of music, that frequently used anti-establishment, drug related, or s ual lyrics, while The Rolli

719II92Y10ng Stones sang "Sympathy for the Devil", a song openly written from the point of view of Satan This further increased the Christian
opposition to rock music

As the decade continued, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, the Paris student riots and other events served as catalysts for youth act

719II92Y10ivism and political withdrawal or protest, which became associated with rock bands, whether or not they were openly politica

719II92Y10l Moreover, many saw the music as promoting a lifestyle of promiscuous "s , drugs and rock and roll", also reflected in the

719II92Y10behavior of many rock stars However, there was growing recognition of the diverse musical and ideological potential of rock Countless new
bands sprang up in the mid-to-late 1960s, as rock displaced older, smoother pop styles to become the dominant for

719II92Y10m of pop music, a position it would enjoy almost continuously until the end of the 20th century, when hip-hop finally eclipsed it in sales