Subject: Final Notice: You qualify for student loan forgiveness

From: "StudentSavers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:52:55 -0800

Final notice 69933

Graduate: [email-masked]

The student forgiveness program has qualified you for a loan reduction.

View adjusted rate 69933

Benefits

Get out of debt

Prevent wage garnishment

Prevent tax leins

Reduce payments

Restore eligibility for financial aid

Stop bill collector harassment

Read more

hich France and Bonaparte had occupied in the earlier crusade.
"I was born," says Metternich in the fragment of his autobiography, "to
be the enemy of the Revolution." Nature, indeed, and the environment
of his youth had formed him to act the part of the genius of Reaction.
Beneath the fine, empty, meaningless mask of the Austrian noble lay a
heart which had never quivered with any profound emotion, or beat high
with any generous impulse. He was hostile to nobility of thought,
action, and art, for he had intelligence enough to discern in these a
living satire upon himself, his life, his aims. He despised history,
for history is the tragedy of Humanity; and he mocked at philosophy.
But he patronized Schlegel, for his watery volumes were easy reading,
and made rebellion seem uncultured and submission the mark of a
thoughtful mind. Metternich's handsome figure, fine manners, and
interminable _billets-doux_ written between sentences of death, exile,
the solitary dungeon, distinguish his appearance and habits from Philip
II of Spain, but, like him, he governed Europe from his bureau, guiding
the movements of a standing army of 300,000 men, and a police and
espionage department never surpassed and seldom rivalled in the western
world. There was nothing in him that was great. But he was
indisputable master of Europe for thirty-three years. Nesselrode,
Hardenberg, Talleyrand even--whose Memoirs seem the work of genius
beside the beaten level of mediocrity of Metternich's--found their
designs checked whenever they crossed the Austrian's policy. Congress
after Congress--Vienna, Carlsbad, Troppau, Laybach, Verona--exhibited
his triumph to Europe. At Laybach, in 1821, the Emperor's address to
the professors there, and thence to all the professors throughout the
Empire, was dictated by Metternich--"Hold fast by what is old, for that
alone is good. If our forefathers found in this the true path, why
should we seek another? New ideas have arisen amongst you, principles
which I, your Emperor, have not sanctioned, and never will sanction.
Beware of such ideas! It is not scholars I stand in need of, but of
loyal subjects to my Crown, and you, you are here to train up loyal
subjects to me. See that you fulfil this task!" Is there in human
history a document more blasting to the reputation for political wisdom
or foresight of him who penned it? It were an insult to the great
Florentine to style such piteous ineptitudes Machiavellian. Yet they
succeeded. The new evangel had lost its power; the freedom of Humanity
was the dream of a few ideologues; the positive ideals of later times
had not yet arisen. Well might men ask themselves: Has then Voltaire
lived in vain, and the Girondins died in va