Subject: RE: RTSP/RealPlayer

From: Chris van der Merwe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:55:58 +0200

Hi;

I had a similar problem. I also got it to work with QuickTime easily. The 
way to get it to work with RealPlayer (G2) is to strip the first two lines 
off the .sdp file.
I had to do this on the fly for a HTML version of sdr.

Hope that helps a bit.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From:	zamani [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, August 24, 1999 1:37 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	RTSP/RealPlayer

Hi,

I've been trying to use RealPlayer (G2) as an RTSP client to test my own
RTSP-based server. I read somewhere on real.com that RealPlayer's RTSP
implementation is conformant to IETF drafts and that it should work with
any RTSP-based server.

My server is configured with a simple SDP session/file and supports most
of RTSP's methods (at least the ones that the realplayer sends).

The RealPlayer connects to the server and sends couple methods
(OPTIONS, DESCRIBE) to which the sever sends back the appropriate answers.
After recieving the response for the SETUP method, the RealPlayer displays
an error message "server contacted is not valid" then closes the
connection (TEARDOWN).

I made sure that my server responds correctly to the client requests
and that the media type and transport protocol (etc) in my SDP session are
supported by RealPlayer.

My server worked fine using Apple's new QuickTime player (4.0 ?) that also
supports RTSP.

My guess is that RealPlayer requires a particular SDP session/file but I m
not sure.

My question is: Has anybody tested succesfully RealPlayer with any known
RTSP-based servers besides RealNetwork ones ?

I appreciate your help,

Thanks.

Karim Z.
--------------------
Contact Information :
www.antd.nist.gov/antd-staff/zamani

---

From: zamani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:19:37 -0400 (EDT)

Chris,

In my configuration, the RealPlayer gets the SDP session through the
DESCRIBE method from the server just like in the examples given in the
RTSP draft.

I tried different SDP's but I still get the same error message from
RealPlayer.

Thanks for help anyways.

Karim. 

--------------------
Contact Information :