Subject: [Fwd: RTP question]

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:06:28 -0400

This question belongs on rem-conf.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

Subject: RTP question
From: "Nagaraj Vn" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:16:13 -0700

I am totally new to RTP/RTCP concepts. I have a situation where in an
application I am transmitting RTP packets from one DSP card to a receiver and
for some reason I want to move to a different DSP on same OR another card and
continue to send RTP packets to the same receiver. The earlier transmitter stops
transmitting

How can this be done within RTP/RTCP protocol(without using H245 OLC etc) such
that the receiver does not get confused with the sudden change in RTP sequence
numbers and whatever else that is unique to a particular RTP transmitter  ?

Thanks

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.