Subject: Liaison statement from ISO SC29

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:41:31 +0200

I got this because I'm listed as SC29 liaison.
FYI.

               Harald A

-------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION FOR STANDARDISATION
ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE DE NORMALISATION
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 11
CODING OF MOVING PICTURES AND AUDIO
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 11 N 2888
July 1999

Title: Liaison to IETF
Source: Convenor of MPEG
Thank you for your continuing interest in making MPEG-4 technology 
available on the Internet. We had several discussions of technical topics, 
which culminated in a joint conference call with interested parties from 
your group.
Several issues were clarified. In particular, MPEG recommends that the 
simple RTP MPEG-4 payload format be used initially. If this approach is 
found to have deficiencies in certain scenarios and under certain 
conditions, then improvements may be considered.
In order to facilitate possible future improvements, MPEG approved the 
inclusion of the degradation priority field in all SL packets, not just at 
the start of access units. However, its use remains non-normative for the 
present.
We look forward to further collaboration and cooperation on these matters.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]