Subject: Re: Multiple RTP payload types in the same RTP session

From: Scott Petrack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

Certainly we can mandate as you suggest for DTMF (and we do). I was just
worrying about the general case, should it ever come up. We can have it
both ways just by saying that an SR must never be generated at an instant
when there are mulitple clock rates in effect. 

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Colin Perkins wrote:

> > Scott Petrack writes:
> >
> >We can solve this problem just by requiring that an SR never be generated
> >at an instant when multiple payloads are being sent.
> 
> Or do as we do with the redundancy format, and mandate that the multiple
> payloads MUST (SHOULD?) use the same sampling rate.... Certainly for DTMF
> I see no need to use multiple rates, redundancy/FEC are arguable.
> 
> Colin
> 
>