Subject: CERN MBone Announcement: Next ATLAS

From: "Daniel Davids CERN/IT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:00:08 +0200 (MET DST)

CERN is pleased to announce the MBONE broadcast of the

	      ATLAS Physics Meeting and Plenary Sessions
	      ==========================================
		      Thursday 16 September 1999

Place: CERN Main Auditorium

*** Times are UTC+2 ***

Thursday Morning
================
Physics Meeting

		 General
		 -------

09h00 - 09h15    News on the organisation of Physics activities
		 F. Gianotti

09h15 - 09h35    Report from the Les Houches LHC workshop
		 F. Paige

09h35 - 09h55    Extra dimensions: a phenomenological introduction
		 I. Hinchliffe

09h55 - 10h10    First look at extra-dimension signatures with ATLAS
		 L. Vacavant

		 Work plan of the physics/performance groups after the TDR
		 ---------------------------------------------------------

10h40 - 10h50    E/gamma (S.Haywood/J.B.Hansen)

10h50 - 11h00    Jet/ETmiss (M.Bosman/J.Pinfold)

11h00 - 11h10    Muon combined (J-F.Laporte/L.Nisati)

11h10 - 11h20    Trigger/Event filter (S.Tapprogge/V.Vercesi)

11h20 - 11h30    B-physics (P.Eerola/N.Ellis)

11h30 - 11h40    Top-physics (M.Cobal/J.Parsons)

11h40 - 11h50    QCD (S.Tapprogge)

11h50 - 12h00    Higgs (K.Jakobs/E.Richter-Was)

12h00 - 12h10    SUSY (F.Paige/G.Polesello)

12h10 - 12h20    Exotics (G.Azuelos/L.Poggioli)

12h20 - 12h30    MC generators (I.Hinchliffe)

12h30 - 13h00    Software and physics/performance
		 N.McCubbin/F.Gianotti

Thursday Afternoon
==================
Plenary Sessions

14h00 - 14h45    Introduction and Status
		 (P Jenni)

		 LHCC matters
		 Decisions of the ATLAS EB since the last Plenary
		 Status of milestones
		 Video of some activities in the collaboration

14h45 - 15h45    Progress on computing
		 (N McCubbin et al.)

15h45 - 16h15    Status of 1999 summer test beam and preliminary results
		 (A Henriques-Correia)

16h15 - 16h45    Coffee break

16h45 - 17h15    Options for luminosity and total cross section measurement
		 (K Piotrzkowski)

17h15 - 17h45    Critical technical co-ordination matters
		 (M Price)

17h45 - 18h15    Remaining issues on ATLAS leadership elections
		 (M Cavalli-Sforza)

18h15 - 18h25    Brief announcements
		 (P Jenni)

	----------------------------------------------------------

	The MBONE Broadcast is Announced via 'sdr' as "CERN ATLAS"
	The 'vat'&'vic' Applications will be Used with a 'ttl=127'

		  Audio   Addr 224.2.212.83    Port 26156
		  Video   Addr 224.2.191.208   Port 61516

		  ---------------------------------------

	  The Sessions are Recorded Using the 'wrtp' Application
	    They can be Downloaded from the following Web-Site
	    "http://csvod1.cern.ch/cgi-bin/nph-MBone-sessions"

	    --------------------------------------------------

  In Case of Questions or Problems Please Contact: "[email-masked]"