Subject: IDMS99: call for participation

From: pierre de saqui sannes DFR/MI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:40:05 +0200

=== Please accept our apologies in the event of multiple receptions ===

======================== CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ===========================

IDMS'99

Sixth International Workshop on Interactive Distributed Multimedia Systems 
and Telecommunication Services

October 12-15, 1999            http://www.ensica.fr/idms99
Toulouse, France

===========================================================================

Overview
========
IDMS'99 brings together researchers, developers, 
and practitioners from academia and industry. The workshop serves as a forum
for discussion, presentation, and exploration of technologies and their
advances in the broad field of interactive distributed multimedia systems and
telecommunication services; ranging from basic system technologies such as
networking and operating system support to all kinds of teleservices and
distributed multimedia applications.
IDMS'99 will consist of a three day technical program, a full day of tutorials,
and demonstrations during the workshop. To retain the flavor of a
workshop, the number of participants will be restricted. Furthermore, we have
encouraged contributions in form of full papers and position papers. Full 
papers are expected to describe innovative and significant work. The purpose 
of position papers is to provide a seed for debate and discussion. Position
papers enable researchers to present exciting ongoing work in early stages,
suggestions for future directions, and concerns about current developments.
Both types of papers have been reviewed by the program committee and printed 
in the workshop proceedings edited by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes
in Computer Science series (LNCS). IDMS'99 has support from ACM and IEEE.

Location
========
The conference will be held at ENSICA, a famous 'Grance Ecole'
located 6 minutes from downtown Toulouse by metro. Hotels listed on 
the Web site are all located within walking distance from metro 
stations. Social events will be organized in downtown Toulouse.

Contacts
========
Web site         	http://www.ensica.fr/idms99

Email contact    	[email-masked]
                                                             
Fax             	+33 5 61 61 86 88

Chairmen		Michel Diaz		[email-masked]
			Patrick Senac		[email-masked]
			Philippe Owezarski	[email-masked]

Tutorial chair		Laurent Dairaine	[email-masked]
Webmaster

Publicity chair		Pierre de Saqui-Sannes	[email-masked]
Demonstrations