Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aft-socks-v6-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 07:06:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SOCKS successor requirements
	Author(s)	: M. VanHeyningen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aft-socks-v6-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 02-Sep-99
	
The SOCKS protocol version 5 has been deployed and seen use as a
mechanism for authenticated firewall traversal.  Experience with
the use of this protocol and its limitations has led to the desire
for a new firewall traversal protocol; we tentatively name this
new protocol SOCKS version 6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-v6-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-aft-socks-v6-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-v6-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alexander Tulai - icpd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:36:14 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

Does anybody have any idea why the name of the draft is: draft-ietf-aft-.....
instead of draft-ietf-avt-.....  ?
Because of little differences like that the drafts might not get picked up by the
secretariat
and placed under the AVT Working Group as they should be.

Alex