Subject: Framing mechanism for RTP on connection oriented networks ?

From: YeowCheong Pua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:43:26 -0700

Hi

In Section 10 of the RTP specifications, it says that a framing mechanism
needs to be defined when RTP is carried over protocols that provides the
abstraction of a continuous stream.

Is there any standard specs that define the format of this framing 
mechanism? 

If there isn't, what are the common framing formats that are in use today? 
I'm particularly interested in the case of RTP over AAL5, but would like to 
know about mechanism for other protocols as well

Thank you for any help

YeowCheong

______________________________________________________
Get your free web-based email at http://www.xoom.com
Birthday? Anniversary? Send FREE animated greeting
cards for any occasion at http://greetings.xoom.com

---

From: "Ethendranath Bommaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:17:48 PDT

Section 10.12 of RTSP (RFC 2326) spec states:

"Stream data such as RTP packets is encapsulated by an ASCII dollar
sign (24 hexadecimal), followed by a one-byte channel identifier,
followed by the length of the encapsulated binary data as a binary,
two-byte integer in network byte order. The stream data follows
immediately afterwards, without a CRLF, but including the    upper-layer 
protocol headers. Each $ block contains exactly one upper-layer protocol 
data unit, e.g., one RTP packet."

Ethen

>From: YeowCheong Pua <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Framing mechanism for RTP on connection oriented networks ?
>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:43:26 -0700
>
>Hi
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com