Subject: administrative scope ?

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:52:19 -0700 (PDT)

I recently built sdr 2.8.

The docs. say this about administrative scope:
   Users of administrative scope zones only need to know the zone name
   (e.g. ``United Kingdom'') to be able to scope their conference
   correctly - the TTL and the address are allocated by sdr. 

   Currently there is no automatic way for sdr to learn about the relevant
   scope zones - this must be configured on a per-site basis. 

while the SDR dialog says "we recommend Admin Scoping"

Do I need to configure sdr somehow to properly use admin scoping?
Do I need to configure my mrouted or router tunnel ?
Is somebody upstream going to take care of it all for me ??

Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

> Do I need to configure sdr somehow to properly use admin scoping?

Until SDR implements either MADCAP or MZAP, yes.

> Do I need to configure my mrouted or router tunnel ?

If you want a local scope, yes.

> Is somebody upstream going to take care of it all for me ??

Don't count on it.

> Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada

-Dave