Subject: RE: PCMCIA video

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:25:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the suggestions...  I may have to try the nogatech
stuff to see if I can get it to work.

Someone else sent me email and suggested the VideoPort professional
but the site doesn't specifically say PCMCIA, so the MRT folks email.

http://209.0.153.22/products/vpp/default.asp

If I find other solutions I'll certaily post them.

-Kevin

---

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 15:26:07 -0700

Kevin,

> http://209.0.153.22/products/vpp/default.asp

I looked at the website, and it claims the VideoPort Professional
is a PC Card. But, PC-Card is just another name for PCMCIA. (For
whatever reason, the industry attempted to rename the standard
from 'PCMCIA' to 'PC-Card'. But, the term 'PCMCIA' refuses to
die so the two terms are frequently used interchangably.)

Best of luck with whatever you do,

Fred
[email-masked]

---

From: Serge Lachapelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:00:11 +0200

You should also check out the Winnov Videum Traveller.

http://www.winnov.com

The camera is a bit on the "el-cheapo" side, but the card does not take
up any IRQ. The support is better than Nogatech's.

/Serge