Subject: CNG ToR

From: Robert Zopf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:12:48 -0500

Colleagues,

Find attached an updated ToR.  The main changes from the original draft 
include:

* it now notes sampling rates other than 8.0 kHz
* car noise is added as a background noise source
* a complexity objective of less than 1.0 MIP is added to reflect the 
concerns about complexity.
* compatibility with the current RTP profile is added (first byte 
represents the energy).
* removal of a 16 bit fixed point bit exact implementation
* removal of a frame size specification (the CNG should work with all frame 
sizes)
* removal of CNG update rate - this is implementation specific
* removal of bit-rate since this depends on the CNG update rate.

The schedule is left blank for now.  It can be addressed after the 
requirements have been agreed upon.  In this way, the final requirements 
can be sent to Q.14/12 in order to finalize the test plan.

Please provide comments so we can have the ToR finalized by the end of next 
week.

Regards,

Rob.