Subject: Multimedia Systems-CFC

From: Mahbubur Syed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 15:42:08 -0600

[sorry for any duplication of this message]

Dear Colleague:

Please find below a call for chapters on Multimedia Systems.

I invite you to submit a chapter.

Please also circulate the CFC to your colleagues and network.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mahbubur Rahman Syed

--------------------------><----------------------------------

                 CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS

Submissions are invited for inclusion in a forthcoming book:

   "Design and Management of Multimedia 
    Information Systems: Opportunities and Challenges"

to be published by Idea Group Publishing, Hershey, USA, in 2000.

Editor:  
Syed. M. Rahman, North Dakota State University, USA
(on secondment from Monash University, Australia)

The objective of this book is to compile together the state-of-the-art
research, design, development, implementation and management experiences
in multimedia systems both in stand alone and distributed environment. 
This book is aimed to promote the exchange of information and ideas 
between academia and industry, faculty, practitioners and students. 
It should also be useful to students as a text for courses in the area 
of multimedia systems. 

It will include chapters from professionals, researchers and the 
business community. 

Information for authors, including topic areas, chapter organisation
guidelines and the submission procedure may be found at the 
following locations:

http://venus.ece.ndsu.nodak.edu/~msyed/mmbook/index.html
http://www.gscit.monash.edu.au/~rahman/mmbook/index.html

                    IMPORTANT DATES
Expression of Interest/proposal by:   15 December 1999
Feedback on the proposal:             22 December 1999
Full Chapter due by:                  28 February 2000
Notification of Review Status:  	    1 May 2000
Revised Chapter due by:               5 June 2000 

You may send email queries to:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]