Subject: Sigcomm 2000 CFP

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:53:45 -0800

Call for Papers

		     ACM SIGCOMM 2000 Conference

	      Applications, Technologies, Architectures
	      and Protocols for Computer Communications

		    August 28 - September 1, 2000
		    Grand Hotel, Stockholm, Sweden
		http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000

	       Sponsored by Ericsson, Sprint, and Telia

Important dates

	Paper submission: 	January 28, 2000
	Tutorial proposals: 	February 28, 2000
	Paper acceptance: 	April 21, 2000

	http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000
	[email-masked]

The SIGCOMM 2000 conference seeks papers describing significant
research contributions to the field of computer and data communication
networks. Authors are invited to submit full papers concerned with
both theory and practice. Areas of interest include, but are not
limited to:

- Distributed application networking infrastructure.
- Distributed common application services, 
  middleware protocols, and signaling.
- Routing, switching, and addressing.
- Resource sharing, quality of service, multimedia networks, 
  and OS support. 
- Multimedia networking.
- Networking aspects of the WWW.
- Heterogeneous internetworking, large-scale networks.
- Network management.
- Active network architectures and protocols.
- Important experimental results from operational networks 
  and lessons learned from prototype implementations. 
- Wireless networking and support for nomadic computing.
- Analysis and design of computer network architectures and algorithms.

SIGCOMM 2000 is a single-track, highly selective conference at which
successful submissions typically report results firmly substantiated
by experiment, implementation, simulation, or mathematical analysis.
In addition to the technical program (paper presentations), SIGCOMM
2000 will offer tutorials by noted instructors on the two days
preceding the actual conference, and a session during the conference
at which speakers may present speculative results and outrageous
opinions.

Submission Instructions: 
------------------------

Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long (formatted for
printing in the Proceedings, papers may not be longer than 12 pages),
have an abstract of 100-150 words, and be original material that has
not been previously published nor is currently under review by another
conference or journal.

Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000/submit.  Authors not able to
comply with these instructions should contact the Program Co-Chairs,
or send mail to [email-masked] for more information.  Papers
submitted after the deadline will not be considered without an
ahead-of-time extension from the Program Co-Chairs.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and
relevance through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the
authors are withheld from the reviewers. Consult the on-line
submission instructions for information on preparing a manuscript for
double-blind review.  Authors of accepted papers will need to sign an
ACM copyright release form and present their paper at the
conference. The Proceedings of the conference will be published as a
special issue of ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. The
Program Committee may also select a few papers for possible
publication in the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. Electronic
copies of the accepted papers will be published on the SIGCOMM 2000
web site prior to the conference unless authors specifically request
that this not be done.

Tutorials: 
----------

SIGCOMM 2000 will begin with two days of full-day and half-day
tutorials covering single topics in detail, at both the introductory
or advanced level. Individuals interested in submitting tutorial
proposals are encouraged to contact the Tutorial Chair before the
deadline to discuss the proposed content.

Student Paper Award: 
--------------------

Papers submitted by students may be considered for a student-paper
award, which includes full conference registration and a partial
travel grant. To be eligible, the student must be the sole author of
the paper, or the first author and primary contributor. A cover letter
or email to the Program Chairs must identify the paper as a candidate
for this competition.

SIGCOMM Award: 
--------------

The keynote speaker at SIGCOMM 2000 will be the 2000 winner of the ACM
SIGCOMM Award for lifetime contributions to the field of computer
communication. Procedures for nominating candidates for the SIGCOMM
Award can be obtained from Craig Partridge ([email-masked]).

General Co-Chairs

	Per Gunningberg			Steve Pink
	Uppsala U., Sweden	      	Lulea U. Tech., Sweden
	[email-masked]		      	[email-masked]
	+46 18 471 3171			+46 920 72529

Program Co-Chairs

	Christophe Diot			Jim Kurose
	Sprint ATL, USA			U. Massachusetts, USA
	[email-masked]		[email-masked]
	+1 650 375-4539			+1 413 545-2742

Publicity Chair

	Joe Touch
	USC/ISI, USA
	[email-masked] (also [email-masked])
	+1 310 448-9151

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs

	Bengt Ahlgren			Christian Tschudin
	SICS, Sweden			Uppsala U, Sweden
	[email-masked]		[email-masked]
	+46 8 633 1562			+46 18 471 1066

Tutorials Chair

	Steve Pink
	Lulea U Tech., Sweden
	[email-masked]
	+46 920 72529

Call for Papers

ACM SIGCOMM 2000 Conference

Applications, Technologies, Architectures

and Protocols for Computer Communications

August 28 - September 1, 2000

Grand Hotel, Stockholm,
Sweden

http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000

[email-masked]

Paper submission:

January 28, 2000

Tutorial proposals:

February 28, 2000

Paper acceptance:

April 21, 2000

Sponsored by Ericsson, Sprint, and Telia

Click here for:

Conference URL (http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000)

Submission Instructions

Tutorials

Student Paper Award

Sigcomm Award

Conference Committee

information via e-mail ([email-masked])

The SIGCOMM 2000 conference seeks papers describing significant research
contributions to the field of computer and data communication networks.
Authors are invited to submit full papers concerned with both theory and
practice. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

Distributed application networking infrastructure.

Distributed common application services, middleware protocols, and signaling.

Routing, switching, and addressing.

Resource sharing, quality of service, multimedia networks, and OS support.

Multimedia networking.

Networking aspects of the WWW.

Heterogeneous internetworking, large-scale networks.

Network management.

Active network architectures and protocols.

Important experimental results from operational networks and lessons learned
from prototype implementations.

Wireless networking and support for nomadic computing.

Analysis and design of computer network architectures and algorithms.

SIGCOMM 2000 is a single-track, highly selective conference at which successful
submissions typically report results firmly substantiated by experiment,
implementation, simulation, or mathematical analysis.In addition to the
technical program (paper presentations), SIGCOMM 2000 will offer tutorials
by noted instructors on the two days preceding the actual conference, and
a session during the conference at which speakers may present speculative
results and outrageous opinions.

Submission Instructions:

Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long (formatted for printing
in the Proceedings, papers may not be longer than 12 pages), have an abstract
of 100-150 words, and be original material that has

not been previously published nor is currently under review by another
conference or journal.

Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000/submit.
Authors not able to comply with these instructions should contact
the Program Co-Chairs, or send mail to [email-masked]
for more information.  Papers submitted after the deadline will not
be considered without an ahead-of-time extension from the Program Co-Chairs.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and relevance
through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers. Consult the on-line submission instructions
for information on preparing a manuscript for double-blind review.
Authors of accepted papers will need to sign an ACM copyright release form
and present their paper at the conference. The Proceedings of the conference
will be published as a special issue of ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication
Review. The Program Committee may also select a few papers for possible
publication in the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. Electronic copies
of the accepted papers will be published on the SIGCOMM 2000 web site prior
to the conference unless authors specifically request that this not be
done.

Tutorials:

SIGCOMM 2000 will begin with two days of full-day and half-day tutorials
covering single topics in detail, at both the introductory or advanced
level. Individuals interested in submitting tutorial proposals are encouraged
to contact the Tutorial Chair before the deadline to discuss the proposed
content.

Student Paper Award:

Papers submitted by students may be considered for a student-paper award,
which includes full conference registration and a partial travel grant.
To be eligible, the student must be the sole author of

the paper, or the first author and primary contributor. A cover letter
or email to the Program Chairs must identify the paper as a candidate for
this competition.

SIGCOMM Award:

The keynote speaker at SIGCOMM 2000 will be the 2000 winner of the ACM
SIGCOMM Award for lifetime contributions to the field of computer communication.
Procedures for nominating candidates for the SIGCOMM Award can be obtained
from Craig Partridge ([email-masked]).

Conference Committee:

General Co-Chairs

Per Gunningberg

Uppsala U., Sweden

[email-masked]

+46 18 471 3171

Steve Pink

Luleå U. Tech., Sweden

[email-masked]

+46 920 72529

Program Co-Chairs

Christophe Diot

Sprint ATL, USA

[email-masked]

+1 650 375-4539

Jim Kurose

U. Massachusetts, USA

[email-masked]

+1 413 545-2742

Publicity Chair

Joe Touch

USC/ISI, USA

[email-masked] (also [email-masked])

+1 310 448-9151

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs

Bengt Åhlgren

SICS, Sweden

[email-masked]

+46 8 633 1562

Christian Tschudin

Uppsala U, Sweden

[email-masked]

+46 18 471 1066

Tutorials Chair

Steve Pink

Luleå U. Tech., Sweden

[email-masked]

+46 920 72529