Subject: Creating Simultaneous Mbone and RealMedia Streams...

From: Chris van der Merwe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:22:26 +0100

Hi;

We're interested in creating presentations broadcast to the Mbone and to 
RealPlayers. Has anyone had any experience doing this and maybe have some 
advice or cautionary warnings to share?

Also is there a way to convert incoming mbone streams to RealMedia streams 
on the fly?

Regards
  Chris

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:18:39 -0500 (EST)

The first task would be to get the real* thing to accept audio either on a
socket or on stdin.  If that is possible, then it is relatively simple to
do what you wish.

What about windoze media player?

_J

---

From: Philipp Hoschka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 15:45:55 +0100

actually, i think realplayer supports multicast; and some common
datatypes used in Mbone transmissions (PCM for audio, h.261 for video,
i believe). So you don't need to do conversion, unless you want to
reduce bandwidth.