Subject: SIGCOMM live Internet MBone transmission

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

ACM SIGCOMM 2000 Conference
		Multicast transmission on the Internet
		   Wed August 30 - Fri Sept 1, 2000
		http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000

SIGCOMM 2000 is the annual conference of the Special Interest Group on
Data Communication (SIGCOMM), a single-track, highly selective
conference with a technical program of 26 papers, tutorials by noted
instructors on the two days prior, and a work-in-progress poster
session and a social session on outrageous opinions. 

Multicast transmission on the Internet

We will multicast video and audio from the technical sessions of the
onference live on the Internet. The transmission will start Wednesday
August 30 at 9:00 and end Friday September 1 at 13:30. The local
timezone is CEST (GMT+2). See the conference program for time details
(URL above).

The conference can be received using the free Marratech player
software, as well as the standard MBone tools. Please visit
Marratech's web page for further technical information on the
transmission from SIGCOMM as well as download instructions for their
software. All URLs are provided at the SIGCOMM site above.