Subject: IETF AVT last call on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-03.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:49:51 +0100

To the IETF AVT working group and the ad-hoc group on transport of MPEG4-on-IP:

The IETF Audio/Video Transport working group has received a request to publish
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-03.txt
the "RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual streams" as a proposed standard.

Accordingly, this message starts a two week working group last call for comments
on this draft. All comments should be sent to the AVT working group mailing list
<[email-masked]> by 8th September 2000. At this time we will make our decision
whether or not to request IESG approval for publication, based on the consensus
of replies.

We particularly value input from the MPEG committee as to technical correctness
and the appropriate nature of this specification. It is our intent that this
payload format is complementary to the ongoing work in MPEG defining a general
framework for transport of the MPEG-4 Systems environment. If this intent is not
reflected in the draft, we value comment with detailed and specific suggestions
for change. 

Note that we had originally planned to issue this working group last call after
the forthcoming MPEG meeting. However, time constraints imposed by the ITU-T
schedule for publication of the next version of H.323 require that we issue this
last call early. We hope that this will not cause undue problems, and look forward 
to your input.

Thanks,
Colin Perkins (IETF AVT co-chair)

---

From: 임영권\(테크웨이\) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 09:59:17 +0900

Dear Colin,

> the "RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual streams" as a proposed standard.

Thank you for the announcement.

> reflected in the draft, we value comment with detailed and specific suggestions

As you know, we will have a meeting on 6th September. After this meeting we can make a comment from MPEG committee to IETF AVT working group on this proposal based on the consensus of this AHG group. According to the discussions we had so far, this proposal is very useful for some specific cases but can not be a general solution and might cause some problem on interoperability. So, we will discuss suggestions for change to meet the requirements we have now at the comming AHG meeting and make a comments formally.

BTW, how can I subscribe rem-conf reflector?

Young-Kwon LIM (co-chair of AHG on MPEG-4 content on IP network)

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:19:50 +0100

--> Young-Kwon LIM writes:
>As you know, we will have a meeting on 6th September. After this meeting
>we can make a comment from MPEG committee to IETF AVT working group on
>this proposal based on the consensus of this AHG group. According to the
>discussions we had so far, this proposal is very useful for some specific
>cases but can not be a general solution and might cause some problem on
>interoperability. So, we will discuss suggestions for change to meet the
>requirements we have now at the comming AHG meeting and make a comments
>formally.

We look forward to your input. When considering changes, please be aware 
of the very short time constraint imposed by the ITU timetable, which may 
limit our scope for modification of this proposal.

>BTW, how can I subscribe rem-conf reflector?

Send a message to <[email-masked]> with the word "subscribe" in
the body. 

Regards,
Colin