Subject: Most used video codecs

From: Samir Mohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:21:20 +0200

Hi all,

    I'd like to know the most used video codecs employed to transmit
video over
the internet in real time. Well, is it MPEG1/2, H263 or any other?
In addition, if you know an implementation of any kind of video
codec that works under linux or unix, could you please send me the
link to its location?

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to receive all your
comments
and suggestions.

--
Samir
,---------------------------------. ,------------------------------.
| Short email: [email-masked]| | Samir Mohamed                |
| tel   : 02 99 84 75 74          | | IRISA/INRIA, Bureau E318     |
| fax   : 02 99 84 25 29          | | Campus de Beaulieu 35042     |
| Mobile: 06 74 13 93 08          | | RENNES Cedex, FRANCE         |
`---------------------------------' `------------------------------'