Subject: RE: MPEG-4: DMIF signal mapping onto RTSP...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:48:51 +0300

Jiten, 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: EXT Goel, Jiten [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 12 July, 2000 18:20
> To: IETF AVT
> Subject: MPEG-4: DMIF signal mapping onto RTSP...
> 
> 
> Is there any discussion going on how to 
> map DMIF signals onto RTSP?
> 

sorry for the late reply. 

By now you will probably have noticed the I-D by Dave Singer that summarizes
the work done so far and addresses a number of key issues related to the
transport of MPEG-4 over IP. (available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-00.txt).

If you want to read something more specific about the DMIF/RTSP mapping, you
might have a look at the contribution that Nokia and the Tampere University
of Technology presented on this topic at the MPEG meeting in Maui (input
document ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG99/m5554, Dec 99). The proposed solution
was also included in the Verification Model 9.0 of MPEG-4 systems (output
document ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG99/N3198, subpart 4, December 1999).

I hope this helps. 

Best regards
Roberto

> -Jiten