Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-00

From: Julian Chesterfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:57:18 -0800

The previous draft <draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-02> has now been
released as a working group item under the name
<draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-00>. This document, including a postscript and
html version with additional examples, is available online from:

http://irg.attlabs.net/rtcp_ssm

Changes to the draft since last version:

- New co-author on draft => Eve Schooler.
- LJS packet has been renamed as General Summary Report (GSR). This
opens options for other types of distribution information. Document
provides facility for Round Trip Time distributions, SSRC distributions
in addition to loss and jitter summaries.
- New section on potential uses of GSR information
- New SDP attributes to handle different feedback source address.
- SSRC collisions detected by SSRC + CNAME state at the source. This
removes dependency upon lower layer IP identifier.
- Detailed section on security issues, possible attacks and areas of
weakness which require protection
- Various clarifications, rewording, grammar fixes.

Comments and feedback on the draft are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Julian Chesterfield
AT&T Labs Research,
Menlo Park, CA.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt