Subject: Re: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-02.txt

From: Alex MacAulay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:56:46 +0200

Hi Jan,

Some comments on the draft (I suspect this mail disappeared into the
void when I sent it yesterday):

1. It mentions "RTP transport profile" in one sentence at the end of
section 3.2.3.3, although that term is no longer appropriate.

2. At the end of section 3.1 it has:

   <<<
   For audio streams, <encoding parameters> specifies the number of
   audio channels. This parameter may be omitted if the number of 
   channels is one, provided no additional parameters are needed.
   In any mode, the following attributes are REQUIRED:
   a) The encoding name
   b) The RTP clock rate MUST be expressed.
   c) The number of audio channels MUST be specified, for example as 
      2 for  stereo material (see RFC 2327) and MAY be specified as 1 
      for mono material; 1 is the default.

which seems all a bit redundant. Perhaps it could simply say:

   <<<
   For audio streams, <encoding parameters> specifies the number of
   audio channels: 2 for stereo material (see RFC 2327), 1 for mono 
   material; 1 is the default if the parameter is omitted.

3. In section 4.1 for BIFSConfig it says:

   <<<
      For BIFS streams, this the BIFSConfig() information as defined 
         in ISO/IEC 14496-1. For version 1, BIFSConfig is defined in 
         section 9.3.2.4, and for version 2 in section 9.3.5. The MIME

but the section numbers that seem more appropriate to me are 9.3.5.2 for
version 1 and 9.3.5.3 for version 2 (unless I have a too old version of
the systems spec...). In addition there is a missing word (is) on the
first line! How about:

   <<<
      For BIFS streams, this is the BIFSConfig() information as defined 
         in ISO/IEC 14496-1. For version 1, BIFSConfig is defined in 
         section 9.3.5.2, and for version 2 in section 9.3.5.3. The MIME

4. For the "Config" parameter, it says that this parameter is "A
hexadecimal representation of an octet string...". However, for IPMP, OD
and OCI streams it says to use "the decimal value 0". These two
statements are contradictory. Perhaps it could say that "the config
parameter has an empty value (but is nevertheless present)" in these
cases.

5. There is a mispelling of "MPEG-J" as "MPERG-J" in section 4.1.

Alex.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt