Subject: Re: [AVT] Question on Payload type 19

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for the delayed response on this question:

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Sharma Kanchinadham wrote:

> PT=13 for sure specifies CN frames.
> However what about PT=19. Does it carry any relevance any longer or is  it
> obsolete ?

It is obsolete.  An implementation that sends PT 19 for CN frames
should be updated to send PT 13.  It has already been multiple years
since we settled on PT 13.  It is unfortunate that this change was
necessary during the evolution of the draft, but it was deemed the
best course of action.  Also, the coincidence that 19 decimal = 13 hex
helped add an element of confusion.

Perhaps it is necessary to get the RFC's for the CN payload type and
for the RTP A/V profile (RFC 1890 revision) published first, then an
argument of non-compliance with the RFC can be asserted.

							-- Steve

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt