Subject: [AVT] AMR and EVRC samples?

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:58:46 -0400

For a tutorial I'm preparing, I'm looking for AMR and EVRC-coded speech 
samples at different rates. I've found some in Japanese, but my ability 
to tell apart well-coded Japanese from not-so-well coded is rather 
limited...

Thanks for any pointers.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:36:32 +0200

Hi Henning,

I can't provide you with any samples with AMR encoded speech. However I 
would suggest that you encode it yourself. Simply download the floating 
point reference implementation

AMR
 ftp://ftp.3gpp.org/specs/latest/Rel-5/26_series/26104-500.zip
AMR-WB
ftp://ftp.3gpp.org/specs/latest/Rel-5/26_series/26204-500.zip

Compile the programs, which are ANSI-C. The programs is simple to use, 
input needs to be 16 bit raw speech data. One can select one mode for 
the whole file or write a text file that specifies for each 20 ms frame 
which mode to use. Then simple encode and decode. Please remember that 
these are speech encoders and not suitable for encoding music.

Regards

Magnus

Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

> For a tutorial I'm preparing, I'm looking for AMR and EVRC-coded 
> speech samples at different rates. I've found some in Japanese, but my 
> ability to tell apart well-coded Japanese from not-so-well coded is 
> rather limited...
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>
> Henning
>
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]