Subject: [AVT] Implementing MIKEY: A straw poll

From: Ran Canetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:32:38 -0400

Folks,

This note is meant as a "straw poll" for finding out the level of
interest people have in implementing the MIKEY key exchange protocol
(draft-ietf-msec-mikey-03.txt).

MIKEY is designed to work well with real-time multimedia applications
(both 1:1, 1:M, and M:M). In particular, it is designed to support the
SRTP data encryption and authentication protocl.

Last fall, the protocol was accepted as a work item at MSEC, following
requests within the MMUSIC and AVT working groups. It now seems to have
stabilized. The MIKEY authors have approached us requesting a last call, 
and we are in the process of issuing that last call.

So, is any of you folks implementing it? is anyone planning on
implementing it once it is standardized? Please let us know.

Also, if you're even remotely thinking of implementing it, then NOW is the
time to go over it and make comments!

Best,

Ran Canetti
Thomas Hardjono
MSEC co-chairs

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:47:27 -0700

hi Ran,
    The problem with your question is that product plans and internal 
company prototype development are often not to be shared on public mailing 
lists.  Reference implementations don't suffer from this limitation, so I'm 
curious to know the status of the MIKEY reference implementation.  Also, 
I'm concerned that there has been very little discussion of MIKEY within 
MSEC or any other WGs that I know.  I think there was one note posted on 
the latest MIKEY draft.  I had a number of issues with the last draft and 
plan to read it the new version as soon as I can.

Mark

At 02:32 PM 8/6/2002 -0400, Ran Canetti wrote:

>mmusic mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic