Subject: [AVT] The Berkeley MIG Seminar returns!

From: "Lawrence A. Rowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:51:26 -0700

Hi -

I have returned from sabbatical and will be offering the Berkeley MIG
Seminar webcasts again this year.  I have already lined up some exciting
speakers, and I have several more people who are trying to arrange a
date. The current list of speakers is on the seminar webpage
	http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/archive?prog=1&group=25

We will be webcasting the seminars using a variety of technologies
including the Internet Mbone (using our AG virtual room), Real Networks,
an Ncast Telepresenter (MPEG1), and RTPtv.  More details on these
technologies and the software needed to play them will be posted on
the seminar webpage.

The first seminar is next Wednesday, August 28th, at which I will give
my traditional introduction to the seminar. I will also present some 
examples ofthe software we have been developing in the past 6-8 months
to simplify the development of media streaming control and automation
applications. More details are on the website.

The seminar will be announced through the usual publicity channels (e.g.
U Oregon, AG, sdr, etc.), but this will be the only announcement to
these
IETF and Internet2 mailing lists. If you want to continue to receive
these announcements, send me email and I will add you to the local
announcement list I use. The list is moderated, so the only mail you
will receive from me will be the seminar annoucements.

I am excited to be doing the seminar again.  We webcst this event for 7
years before I took sabbatical.  I hope this year will be another
exciting series.

Best wishes,
	Larry Rowe 
-- 
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe          Internet:  [email-masked]
Computer Science Division - EECS       Phone: 510-642-5117
University of California, Berkeley       Fax: 510-642-5615
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776            URL: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~larry
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt