Subject: [AVT] RTP Payload Format for EVRC and SMV

From: "Sagar, Raghavendra P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 04:23:37 -0700

Hello,

I have read the draft for RTP Payload Format for EVRC and SMV
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv-03.txt).  I
have a suggestion here for the authors.  Smart-rate (TIA/EIA/96-C) codec (a
TIA/EIA standard codec for CDMA and also predecessor to PureVoice) also a
variable rate speech codec with frame sizes similar to EVRC/SMV. I did not
find a RTP Payload format for this codec in RFC\internet drafts in
WWW.IETF.ORG.  May authors look into this codec also to accommodate in the
RTP Payload Format for EVRC and SMV
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv-03.txt  Please
let me know your comments.
Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Adam Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:16:43 -0700

Dear Raghavendra,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

The RTP payload specified in draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv.txt is very
flexible, and is actually designed to be able to accommodate additional
codec formats besides EVRC/SMV.

The Smart-rate codec would be a perfect chance and example for writing a
new ID that uses the extendable payload format defined in the EVRC/SMV
draft. If there is anything we can help on that, please let us know.

Adam

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Sagar,
> Raghavendra P
> Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 4:24 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: [AVT] RTP Payload Format for EVRC and SMV
> Importance: High
> 
> Hello,
> 
> have a suggestion here for the authors.  Smart-rate (TIA/EIA/96-C)
codec
> (a