Subject: [AVT] G.727

From: Jaiwant Mulik <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Oct 2002 14:31:53 -0400

Hi All,

Quick question: Is there a G.727 codec profile defined for RTP ? If not,
does anyone know if there is something fundamental about not being able
to do so?

I searched on Google and this mailing list archives (honest !!) but
could not find anything.
-- 
Jaiwant Mulik
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email        : [email-masked] (preferred), [email-masked]
Home page    : http://unix.temple.edu/~jmulik
Location     : Netlab, Room 1043/1044, Wachman Hall.
Phones       : +1 (215) 204-3197 (o), +1 (215) 460-1125 (c)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lekin woh zindagi he kya, jisme koi namumkin sapna na ho ?

I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone.
- Cyrano De Bergerac

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Tobias Obrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:43:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi, 

The public service radio broadcasting company in Sweden wishes to
multicast surround audio content over RTP. Does anyone on this list know
of existing implementations, prototypes or products to try out?

/Tobias

............................................................................
Tobias Öbrink
E-mail: tobias at stacken.kth.se   URL: http://www.stacken.kth.se/~tobias/

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:41:42 -0400

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:43:32 +0200 (MET DST)
> of existing implementations, prototypes or products to try out?

Dear Tobias;

I would try MPEG-4 AAC. This supports Dolby 5.1 surround sound, and
has a number of rtp implementations and players. I would start with Envivio and
with Quicktime/Darwin/Apple Broadcaster.

We have never _tested_ it in surround sound, however - do you want to run some
interoperability tests ?

Were you planning to play this back on computers ? If so, do you know which
computer speakers and audio drivers support surround sound ? 

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: Phil Pishioneri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:07:20 -0400

>of existing implementations, prototypes or products to try out?

Ogg Vorbis (<http://www.vorbis.com/>) has support for multiple channels, 
but I don't know if there are any en/decoders which take advantage of 
that feature (beyond two channel stereo).

-Phil