Subject: [AVT] NOMS 2004 Papers Due - August 1, 2003

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:41:31 -0400 (WST)

Call for Papers

  2004 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2004)

      "Managing Next Generation Convergence Networks and Services"

                     Seoul Korea, 19-23, April 2004

                        http://www.noms2004.org

The 9th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2004) 
will be held 19-23 April, 2004 in COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea.
NOMS 2004 will present the latest approaches and technical solutions in
the area of network operations and management. Held in the even-numbered
years since 1988, NOMS 2004 continues the established tradition of NOMS
and IM as the primary forum for technical exchange of research, standards,
development, systems integrator, service providers, and user communities.
An exciting, peer-reviewed program of technical sessions, application
sessions, panels, tutorials, posters, and vendor exhibits will address the
ever-increasing interest in overall management solutions for all types of
communications and computing networks, systems, services and enterprise
applications. 

The symposium is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society Technical
Committee on Network Operations and Management (CNOM), and by the
International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) Working Group
6.6 on Management of Networks and Distributed Systems. 

The concept of network convergence has recently emerged as a new attempt
for the merging of telephony and data networks into a single,
multi-service network exploiting the ubiquity of the Internet. For this
increasingly attractive business model, in both wired and wireless
domains, strategic research is required to devise the best integration
architectures, operations and management solutions. This creates a unique
opportunity for the network operations and management community to respond
to the ever-increasing demand for network resilience, security,
quality-of-service and mobility management at unprecedented scales. NOMS
2004 provides the forum for discussing these research challenges and many
others inherent to the integrated management of next generation converged
networks and services. 

NOMS 2004 will broaden the scope of previous NOMS by expanding its program
to include a broader set of topics ranging from network operations and
management to network planning, service engineering and business processes
for network and service management. Special attention will be given to
experiences that emphasize lessons learned and reports on practice from
industry. 

The NOMS 2004 program consists of three distinct sessions: technical,
application, and panels. Technical sessions present the papers on the
latest research results in the network operations and management area.
Application sessions present the papers focusing on the experience of
IT/telecommunications industries (service providers, OSS/equipment
vendors, etc.) and customers based on their system implementation and
business practice in the operations and management. Panel sessions focus
on business implications, market trends of cutting edge technologies, and
applications with the panelists consisting of technology experts and
business executives. In addition, NOMS 2004 will feature tutorials,
posters, birds-of-a-feather sessions, and vendor exhibitions.

Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not
under review in any other conference or journal. Authors are also invited
to submit proposals for tutorials, panel sessions, poster demonstrations
and BoF sessions.

Important Dates:
Deadline for Technical Session Papers:          1 August 2003
Deadline for Application Session Papers:    15 September 2003
Deadline for Tutorials, Panels and Posters: 15 September 2003
Notification of Acceptance:                  15 November 2003
Deadline for Submitting Revised Papers:      15 December 2003
Final Camera Ready Papers Due:                15 January 2004

      Visit http://www.noms2004.org for the detailed information

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt