Subject: [AVT] 3GPP timed text draft: more generic?

From: "Jose Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:42:14 +0200

Hi all,

during the presentation of the payload format for 3GPP timed text some
concerns arose on whether this work should be more generic.  On the
other hand I also emphasized the fact that there's a deadline to meet
here for 3GPP Release 6: March '04.

It is our opinion that, in this case, a more specific payload format for
the 3GPP timed text format is the right way to go. Does anybody think
otherwise? We would like to hear comments/critic on this, in order to
progress to working group work item.  How could it be made more generic?

thanks in advance,

José Rey____ mailto:[email-masked]
Mobile Multimedia Team -  MCOM Group
Panasonic European Laboratories GmbH
Tel: +49(0)6103-766-134
Fax: +49(0)6103-766-166
http://www.pel.panasonic.de
____________________________________

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:17:58 -0700

> progress to working group work item.  How could it be made more generic?

A specific payload format for 3GPP timed text might be appropriate, but I
would like to understand the options and alternatives before we make that
choice. Is 3GPP the only body doing timed and/or decorated text? If not,
what are the alternatives, and how do they relate?

-- 
Colin Perkins
[email-masked]