Subject: [AVT] AVT externally defined RTP encryption payload format and SRTP usage

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:46:57 +0200

Hi,

In the 3GPP wg SA4, which defines the packet-switched Streaming Service 
(PSS) is in the process of including DRM support and integrity 
protection for stream media. Both mechanisms relies on the OMA defined 
DRM keymanagement mechanism to get the necessary keys into place.

The confidentiality protection is implemented using a 3GPP specific RTP 
payload format that encrypts any normal RTP payload and adds a random 
access pointer in the new RTP payload.

The integrity protection is done using SRTP between client and server. 
Further a way of getting the session specific keys into place is 
defined, that utilizes a OMA DRM content protection key for key-wrapping 
operations.

The proposed specification text can be fetched from the following 3GPP 
SA4 input document:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/TSGS4_31/Docs/S4-040268.zip

Comments are welcome until the 26th of July. After that date, it may be 
significantly harder to accommodate any proposals for improvements or 
corrections.

Any comments should be sent to me.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:38:52 +0200

Hi,

If anyone desires to read the proposed text in relation to the complete 
document, please fetch this complete draft of TS 26.234:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/TSGS4_31/Docs/S4-040308.zip

This does contain a few notes that are unrelated to the below.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:49:50 +0200

Hi Again,

I should also have pointed out that these postings are done as an 
individual, not in my chair position.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund