Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-dsr-codecs-01.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:01:44 +0200

Hi,

I have reviewed the DSR codecs draft and has a few comments.

1. First I think something has gone wrong in the text version of this 
draft. Between all paragraphs there are two empty lines. And I think 
that is the reason why the pages are longer than the maximum allowed 58 
lines.

2. The page breaks are missing the page break symbol.

3. There are two copyright statements, and they are not the same. I 
recommend that you remove the one on the first page and only uses the 
RFC 3667 defined one.

4. I think the definition of the marker bit is a bit unclear. I would 
recommend that you define this stricter and use normative language. I 
would propose that one replaces the "should" with "SHALL".

5. Why does 3.3.1.1 and 3.4.1.1 both list the PC-CRC polynomial in a 
paragraph that is normative, and still at the end make a normative 
reference to a definition. There exist some small risk for confusion here.

6. Some wording on congestion control is also missing. I would recommend 
that you suffice with references to the RTP and profile specification. 
Like this paragraph borrowed from the H.264 RTP payload format draft.

Congestion control for RTP SHALL be used in accordance with RFC 3550 
[x], and any applicable RTP profile, e.g. RFC 3551 [y]. You can add this 
sentence to the security consideration.

7. A Offer/Answer section. At least this draft does not seem to contain 
any difficulties. It seems that it will be sufficient with the standard 
usage of Offer/Answer. However I do like to have a section, at least 
identifying that all parameters are declarative, and all reasonable 
values are expected to be supported.

I am sorry for not noticing the need for congestion control and 
offer/answer sections in my previous review. I will need to start 
writing the RTP payload format checklist.

Please, do also recheck the ID-Checklist.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt