Subject: [AVT] Call for participation: ACM Multimedia 2004 - preregistration ending Sept. 10

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:28:21 -0400

Note: pre-registration ends September 10!

The 12th Annual ACM International Conference on Multimedia (MM2004, 
http://www.mm2004.org/) will be held in New York city, NY, October 
10-15, 2004. ACM Multimedia is the premier technical multimedia 
conference attended by an international community of researchers from 
both academia and industry.

This year, we have assembled an extremely strong tutorial program.  The 
topics range from mobile multimedia computing, to machine learning 
techniques in multimedia, to virtual reality and gaming.  The tutorial 
speakers are either well-established senior researchers in the field or 
very energetic rising-star young researchers.

In addition to the very strong program, this year we are making 
additional effort to make tutorials affordable, to both researchers and 
students. The registration fee has been significantly lowered (~$200) 
compared with previous years and compared with similar tutorials in 
other major conferences (see 
http://www.mm2004.org/acm_mm04_Registration.htm).  We do believe that 
the tutorial program is a vehicle to spread the knowledge, and as 
conference organizer, we are willing to go the extra mile to make this 
happen.

We are looking forward to seeing you in New York!

Yong Rui and Jon Crowcroft
Tutorial Co-chairs

Appendix: Tutorial list (see also 
http://www.mm2004.org/acm_mm04_call4tutorials.htm)

October 10, 2004 Sunday

Full day:

T1. Mobile Multimedia Information Transmission
Nalin Sharda, School of Computer Science and Mathematics Victoria 
University, Australia

T2. Digital Rights Management of Multimedia Content via Encryption and 
Watermarking
Ahmet M. Eskicioglu, The City University of New York

T3. Understanding Media Semantics
Chitra Dorai, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

Half Day:

Morning:
T4. Video Game Structure and Development
J. R. Parker, Digital Media Laboratory, University of Calgary

Afternoon:
T5. Virtual Reality and Haptics as New Media in Multimedia Telecollaboration
Nicolas D. Georganas, School of Information Technology and Engineering 
(SITE), University of Ottawa

October 11, 2004, Monday

Full Day:

T6. Mobile User-Interface Design: For Work, Home and On the Way
Aaron Marcus, AM+A

T7. Machine Learning for Multimedia Applications
Flavia Sparacino and Yuan Qi, MIT

T8. Emerging Peer-to-Peer Technology: Fundamentals and Challenges
Ralf Steinmetz, Darmstadt Univ. of Technology, Germany

Half Day:

Morning:
T9. Cross-layer optimized multimedia transmission over opportunistic 
spectrum agile wireless networks
N. Sai Shankar, Philips Research Laboratories, USA
M. van der Schaar, University of California Davis

Afternoon:
T10. Multimedia Data Compression
Paul D. Amer, CISC Dept, U of Delaware

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt