Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-05.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:41:08 -0400

I have just submitted the latest update to RFC2833bis.  I'll be glad to mail an 
advance copy to anyone who wants one.  The list of changes from the previous 
version is given below.

The draft now includes a paragraph by paragraph analysis of the changes from RFC 
2833, including an assessment of the normative impact of each change.  All I can 
say is that there have been a lot of normative changes.  I will be pointing at 
some that are non-backwards compatible when I describe outstanding issues.  I hope 
the analysis is useful to those of you who are interested parties.

Changes In The -05 Version

  - Added a complete accounting for the changes from RFC 2833.

  - Added a backward compatibility provision in 2.5.1.1.

  - Deleted second paragraph of 2.5.2.2 because it also appears in section 5.2.

  - Added text to 2.5.2.2 regarding missed initial event report based on 
suggestions by Kevin Noll

  - Deleted redundant text in the middle of the third paragraph of section 3.1.

  - Added a note to the "980 or 1180 Hz" outcome for V.18 in section 3.2.6 
indicating that the distinction between 110 and 300 bit/s V.21 is very difficult, 
based on discussions with Gunnar Hellstrom.

  - Added the Metering Pulse event to Table 10 and new section 3.5.7 to document 
it, as requested by Adrian Soncodi.

  - Transposed Table 14 to fix the assignment of R2 backward register signals to 
frequencies.  The error was pointed out by Oren Peleg, Moshe Samoha, and Yaakov Stein.

  - Corrected the statement before Table 7 (V.18 event codepoints) to indicate 
that all V.18 codepoints are new since RFC 2833.

  - Editorial fixes (mostly correction of cross-references).  Fixed duplicate 
section number for 2.5.2.3.

  - Updated boilerplate to meet current requirements.

  - Added the current editor (me) as an author and the people mentioned above as 
contributors.

-- 
Tom Taylor
Carrier VoIP Standards Development
Nortel Networks
Phone +1 613 763 1496  (ESN 393-1496)
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt