Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for Video Codec 1 (VC-1)
	Author(s)	: A. Klemets
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
This memo specifies an RTP payload format for encapsulating Video 
   Codec 1 (VC-1) compressed bit streams, as defined by the proposed 
   Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) standard, 
   SMPTE 421M.  SMPTE is the main standardizing body in the motion 
   imaging industry and the proposed SMPTE 421M standard defines a 
   compressed video bit stream format and decoding process for 
   television.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Anders Klemets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:21:23 -0700

I updated the VC-1 RTP payload format draft with the feedback that I
received at the last IETF meeting.  For example, I changed the RTP time
stamp field to be a presentation time.  

I also added and removed some fields that help recovering from lost
packets. (The "Seq Count" field in the AU header was replaced by another
field and a new flag.)

Please review this latest draft and send comments to me and the AVT
mailing list.  Don't wait for until the Vancouver IETF meeting to review
this draft, because there may not be a slot for discussing this draft at
that meeting.  (As Magnus and Colin announced earlier, the plan is to
discuss non-controversial I-D's on the mailing list only.)

Earlier, some folks asked for information about how to obtain the VC-1
spec.  It is available in trial publication by SMPTE, and can be
downloaded from this URL:
http://www.smpte.org/smpte_store/standards/pdf/s421m.pdf

Anders

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of
the IETF.

---

From: "Anders Klemets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:07:10 -0700

I would appreciate if members on the list could review the -01 version
of the RTP payload format for VC-1.  (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vc1-01.txt)

So far, I haven't seen any comments.  If there are any open issues, it
might be possible to discuss them at the Vancouver AVT meeting, if
necessary.  (Currently, I don't know of any open issues.)  That's why it
would be good if people could review the draft ASAP.

Just in case someone has read the draft but didn't find anything that
needed to be commented on, I would appreciate if you could drop a note
to the mailing list saying so. ;-)

Thanks,

Anders

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Anders Klemets
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 3:21 PM

Anders