Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: Request to publish: draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:03:21 +0200

The request to publish the color sampling modes extensions has been 
submitted.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

Subject: Request to publish: draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext
From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
To: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Cc: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>, Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:25:34 +0200

Hi,

The AVT WG would like to request that draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext is 
published as proposed standard. I Magnus Westerlund will be WG shepherd 
of this document.

    1.a) Have the chairs personally reviewed this version of the Internet
         Draft (ID), and in particular, do they believe this ID is ready
         to forward to the IESG for publication?
Yes

    1.b) Has the document had adequate review from both key WG members
         and key non-WG members?  Do you have any concerns about the
         depth or breadth of the reviews that have been performed?

Yes,

    1.c) Do you have concerns that the document needs more review from a
         particular (broader) perspective (e.g., security, operational
         complexity, someone familiar with AAA, etc.)?

No

    1.d) Do you have any specific concerns/issues with this document that
         you believe the ADs and/or IESG should be aware of?  For
         example, perhaps you are uncomfortable with certain parts of the
         document, or have concerns whether there really is a need for
         it.  In any event, if your issues have been discussed in the WG
         and the WG has indicated it that it still wishes to advance the
         document, detail those concerns in the write-up.

No

    1.e) How solid is the WG consensus behind this document? Does it
         represent the strong concurrence of a few individuals, with
         others being silent, or does the WG as a whole understand and
         agree with it?

Only a few but knowledgeable individuals has review it, but no comments 
against the document has been raised. Getting further reviews for a 
minor extension to an RTP payload format is not expected.

    1.f) Has anyone threatened an appeal or otherwise indicated extreme
         discontent?  If so, please summarise the areas of conflict in
         separate email to the Responsible Area Director.

No

    1.g) Have the chairs verified that the document adheres to all of the
         ID nits? (see http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html).

Yes

    1.h) Is the document split into normative and informative references?
         Are there normative references to IDs, where the IDs are not
         also ready for advancement or are otherwise in an unclear state?
         (note here that the RFC editor will not publish an RFC with
         normative references to IDs, it will delay publication until all
         such IDs are also ready for publication as RFCs.)

Yes, there are no informative references only normative.

    1.i) For Standards Track and BCP documents, the IESG approval
         announcement includes a write-up section with the following
         sections:

Technical Summary:

This document defines additional color sampling modes ("RGB+", "RG+B", 
"R+GB", "BGR+", "BG+R" and "B+GR") for the RTP payload format for 
uncompressed video (RFC 4175). This extensions registers these new color 
sampling modes in the RFC 4175 defined registry for "sampling".

Working Group Summary:

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Protocol Quality:

The added extensions follows the rules for registering them provided in 
RFC 4175. The document has been reviewed by the AVT WG.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt