Subject: [AVT] RFC 4184 on RTP Payload Format for AC-3 Audio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:52:19 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4184

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for AC-3 Audio
        Author(s):  B. Link, T. Hager, J. Flaks
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25202
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4184.txt

This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting audio
data using the AC-3 audio compression standard.  AC-3 is a high
quality, multichannel audio coding system that is used for United
States HDTV, DVD, cable television, satellite television and other
media.  The RTP payload format presented in this document includes
support for data fragmentation.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt