Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MIDI
	Author(s)	: J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt
	Pages		: 190
	Date		: 2005-10-24
	
This memo describes an RTP payload format for the MIDI command
     language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear
     on a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
     applications (such as network musical performance) and
     content-delivery applications (such as file streaming).  The format
     may be used over unicast and multicast UDP as well as TCP, and
     defines tools for graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream
     behavior, including the MIDI rendering method, may be customized
     during session setup.  The format also serves as a mode for the
     mpeg4-generic format, to support the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for
     General MIDI, Downloadable Sounds Level 2, and Structured Audio.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt