Subject: [AVT] Reg: RFC 3550

From: siddhartha gandhi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:58:14 -0800 (PST)

I have been given a task to provide RFC 3550 support for   already existing 1889 implementation. 
  
I have few questions:

1. I mostly deal with voice packets. How are silence packets taken 
care of in RFC   3550. I mean how implementation should react if there is 
a big silence period   and how it should affect RTCP time interval ?

2. Can anytime time   interval approach 0 or infinity ?

3. If i have a limited bandwidth say   10Mbps, how may RTP channels can 
i have at the maximum. I did not see this in   RFC 3550 ?

4. Can i configure the timeout value when the BYE packets are   
received and marked for timeout ?

I appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks

Siddhartha

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt