Subject: [AVT] Reg: RFC 3550

From: "Siddhartha Gandhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:36:31 -0600

I have been given a task to provide RFC 3550 support for already existing
1889 implementation. 

I have few questions:

1. I mostly deal with voice packets. How are silence packets taken care of
in RFC 3550. I mean how implementation should react if there is a big
silence period and how it should affect RTCP time interval ?

2. Can anytime time interval approach 0 or infinity ?

3. If i have a limited bandwidth say 10Mbps, how may RTP channels can i have
at the maximum. I did not see this in RFC 3550 ?

4. Can i configure the timeout value when the BYE packets are received and
marked for timeout ?

I appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks

Siddhartha

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt