Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: BCP 13, RFC 4288 on Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:59:47 +0100

Hi Everyone,

The new media type registration rules are now published. Please include 
in your next update the correct reference information in your media type 
registrations.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

Subject: BCP 13, RFC 4288 on Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:18:31 -0800
List-Id: ietf-announce.ietf.org

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 13
        RFC 4288

        Title:      Media Type Specifications and Registration
                    Procedures
        Author(s):  N. Freed, J. Klensin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52667
        Obsoletes:  2048
        See Also:   BCP0013

        I-D Tag:    draft-freed-media-type-reg-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4288.txt

This document defines procedures for the specification and
registration of media types for use in MIME and other Internet
protocols.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt